FastPhil
21 Jul 07, 22:00
Check HPS website for SB updates.

rahamy
22 Jul 07, 21:33
The whole series is up to date now.

jztemple
23 Jul 07, 12:45
With the update to Pacific War, will there be an update to the Africa @ War mod by the TF4 team? I've already tried the editors from last month's update in AAW a couple of weeks ago and they seem to work. I guess I could try the new PW exe file as well, unless someone already knows the answer.

UPDATE: also, it seems weird the the update to SB:Vietnam is to the exe only, not even an updated change text file. Does Tour of Duty supercede SBV?

rahamy
23 Jul 07, 18:47
The AAW mod was made by third parties, so there's no plans to update anything on that as of now.

The Vietnam stuff is an error and the remaining files should be on the site soon...TOD is a different game, so its not meant to supercede Vietnam. :cool:

jztemple
24 Jun 08, 11:05
I know that this has been a death thread for quite a while, but a question occurred to me. The Africa@War mod (which I know is not officially supported) is based on Pacific War. PW is now up to version 1.02. Has anyone tried just dropping the new 1.02 pw.exe executable into A@W and see if it works? I guess I could try this myself, but perhaps someone already has checked.

Ozgur Budak
24 Jun 08, 11:32
I know that this has been a death thread for quite a while, but a question occurred to me. The Africa@War mod (which I know is not officially supported) is based on Pacific War. PW is now up to version 1.02. Has anyone tried just dropping the new 1.02 pw.exe executable into A@W and see if it works? I guess I could try this myself, but perhaps someone already has checked.

I wouldnt recommend it since it will cause a crash. A@W is not compatible with newer versions of PW.

FastPhil
24 Jun 08, 12:03
I wouldnt recommend it since it will cause a crash. A@W is not compatible with newer versions of PW.

I second it. You must use the original executable as is noted on I think the instructions or the read me file. Thomas Borling and I had issues until we realized that but now our happily shooting away at each other in AAW. The sound mod for AAW is excellent.:ar15:

jztemple
24 Jun 08, 13:06
Thanks for the info. I'm assuming this is the sound mod listed on TE4?

FastPhil
24 Jun 08, 14:37
Thanks for the info. I'm assuming this is the sound mod listed on TE4?

that is correct :salute:

jztemple
26 Jun 08, 18:17

I second it. You must use the original executable as is noted on I think the instructions or the read me file. Thomas Borling and I had issues until we realized that but now our happily shooting away at each other in AAW. The sound mod for AAW is excellent.:ar15:

Well, being the engineer that I am, I went ahead and made a separate install of the A@W mod and updated it to 1.02. I'm tinkering with it, seeing if things work ok or if it's going to go boom. :D

Could either of you remember what action caused the crash? I'm curious.

FastPhil
26 Jun 08, 22:20
Well, being the engineer that I am, I went ahead and made a separate install of the A@W mod and updated it to 1.02. I'm tinkering with it, seeing if things work ok or if it's going to go boom. :D

Could either of you remember what action caused the crash? I'm curious.

Yes the update overwrites some files and units/maps get messed up and it doesn't work worth a damn. :crosseye:

jztemple
26 Jun 08, 23:29
Oh, maybe that's what I'm doing different. I only copied over the new 1.02 pw.exe file, not any of the other files, except of course the new .doc and help files. So far so good...