PDA

View Full Version : Waterloo questions

holdit
26 Jun 07, 19:39
1. There seems to be a surprising number of leaders in the order of battle. Jerome's division, for example, contains no less than seven, whereas I would only have expected to find three (Jerome, Bauduin and Soye). Does anyone know the reason for this?

2. I can add trenches/abatis in the Waterloo game, but not in the Eckmuhl game, even though the interface suggests that the functionality should be there, and both are using the same symbols bitmaps. Can anyone help with this?

TIA

Paul

rahamy
27 Jun 07, 10:58
1. There seems to be a surprising number of leaders in the order of battle. Jerome's division, for example, contains no less than seven, whereas I would only have expected to find three (Jerome, Bauduin and Soye). Does anyone know the reason for this?

We included various leaders that were subordinates for a few reasons, such as

- "flavor" - as many lesser known leaders played key roles in this campaign, and so much has been written about it that we were sure we'd get questions on why we didn't include them.

- Defined order of succession. If sub-leaders are included in the OOB and the primary leader is killed then they will step into the role, like they would historically, rather than a Col. Anonymous.

2. I can add trenches/abatis in the Waterloo game, but not in the Eckmuhl game, even though the interface suggests that the functionality should be there, and both are using the same symbols bitmaps. Can anyone help with this?

These have been added in for a future title and are not fully "turned on" at this point. They won't be until that title is released either...they were only in there because we had to release updates to fix Vista bugs which we had not planned on doing.

wlh
27 Jun 07, 12:59
Could it be for Las Linhas de Torres Vedras? (i.e. the Penisular Campaign)

Bill Harrell

Lord_Valentai
27 Jun 07, 18:55
Definitely a siege of some form. The Pyranees Campaign also comes to mind.

Gary McClellan
28 Jun 07, 00:18
Don't get too excited. They added trenches and abatis to the ACW games 3 years before Vicksburg came out

TheCapt
28 Jun 07, 08:09
did I miss something?????? I just loaded Waterloo and dont see the ability to entrench anywhere in the interface.......I am on version 1.03 where do you see that at??

rahamy
28 Jun 07, 08:12
Like I said, it's not fully functional, so even if you ferret it out it will not work properly.

Patience Grasshopper. :cool:

FM WarB
05 Aug 07, 16:47
The Russian army was known to dig in during the Napoleonic period, others normally did not, unless in siege situations. There was an abatis on the road by LahayeSaint at Waterloo and some field fortifications (improved positions?)at Wagram. Maybe giving engineers an added entrenching functions might work.