PDA

View Full Version : New Patches..............

TheCapt
20 Jun 07, 18:04
for 3 of the WWII titles are up on the HPS site including a CS series looking 3D view for Proud & Few that looks :cool:! Looks like I'm going to the Pacific tonite with the jarheads to battle the pesky sons of Nippon!

CJMello
20 Jun 07, 20:57
3D is an optional download.

jztemple
21 Jun 07, 06:21
Do my eyes deceive me, or is there *not* a database editor in the update for Advance of the Reich?

Also I see there is a new(?) scenario editing option called AI Firing Scripts and checking I see that this is in Soviet Afghan War as well. Nice idea, didn't spot it when SAW was released.

Thanks for all the work guys, it's rare that a whole series of games is kept so up to date, even a relative back burner game series like Squad Battles. Looking forward to the release of patches for the rest of the SB games. This is why when people complain about how the prices of the older HPS games haven't dropped I tell them that it's not a static game they are getting, it's like a one time subscription to a gaming system that continues to mature (along with it's players!).

And I see that the doc updates are in MS Word format. I like that ;).

Wodin
21 Jun 07, 08:32
The latest patch for AotR and ES means I'll be re installing these games. Great news.

rahamy
21 Jun 07, 19:09
Do my eyes deceive me, or is there *not* a database editor in the update for Advance of the Reich?

That is correct, the AotR database is locked to ensure there is still a market for the next title in that line on the end of the war. :cool:

rahamy
21 Jun 07, 19:10
Thanks for all the work guys, it's rare that a whole series of games is kept so up to date, even a relative back burner game series like Squad Battles. Looking forward to the release of patches for the rest of the SB games. This is why when people complain about how the prices of the older HPS games haven't dropped I tell them that it's not a static game they are getting, it's like a one time subscription to a gaming system that continues to mature (along with it's players!).

Thanks, as this is exactly correct...you can get the first game in a series and continue to get updates to it for years, for free. Not many (any) game companies do this that I'm aware of.

Enjoy!

jztemple
21 Jun 07, 21:20
That is correct, the AotR database is locked to ensure there is still a market for the next title in that line on the end of the war. :cool:

Are you slyly suggesting that there's going to be yet *another* SB release in the near future? Heavens, I'm getting all goose-bumpy ;)

rahamy
21 Jun 07, 21:58
I'm definitively saying there is going to be more coming in the SB line...quite a bit more actually...as long as the US economy doesn't melt down! :crosseye:

Bradley62
22 Jun 07, 06:49
rahamy or anyone in the know, will we see improved armor effects on infantry and a top down look to armor as in turret traverse? Similar to this...

http://i105.photobucket.com/albums/m219/BradS_62/D30E29CD0C974B4FB7DDBA7F439BB4DE1.jpg

rahamy
22 Jun 07, 07:06
No plans for a graphical change as posted here, but we are looking into modifying the rules for armor a bit in the series to enhance it a bit. Details will have to wait until the next round of updates though.

jztemple
22 Jun 07, 22:15
I like the new 3D display for The Proud & The Few, looks very clean. The icons are a bit small for my 1680x1050 desktop resolution, but the terrain graphics look sharp and are easy to distinguish. When I go to a 1440x900 resolution the unit icons are fine. A very well done mod.

Will the patch for Pacific War (which I hope you'll be releasing soon) also have the 3D graphics?

CJMello
23 Jun 07, 06:58
I would suspect that all the SB titles would get the makeover but I could be wrong.

rahamy
23 Jun 07, 10:34
I just released the last four updates to John yesterday, so they should be going to HPS soon for release.

3D will be coming for the remaining 5 games that currently don't have it, but they will be lagging behind the engine updates. Hopefully all will be updated by the end of this year though.

reapagan
25 Jun 07, 18:58
The 3D upgrade for Proud and Few is really sweet, can't wait for SAW and the rest.