PDA

View Full Version : TCP/IP hook up

TheCapt
13 May 07, 21:25
me and my friend trying to hook up on a squad battles internet game but keep getting no vaild sessions exisits message when i input his IP addy.............any suggestions???

rahamy
14 May 07, 09:09
Most likely cause is you don't have the correct ports open on your firewalls. The ports you need to have open are:

47624 to 47624
2300 to 2400
6703 to 6703

FastPhil
14 May 07, 13:42
me and my friend trying to hook up on a squad battles internet game but keep getting no vaild sessions exisits message when i input his IP addy.............any suggestions???

Other issues?

How are you connecting to the internet and what IP are you using?
If you are not using a router, than your IP should be ok.
However, if you or your friend are connected using a router, than you must use the IP(public )of the router, vice the IP(private) of your local machine. If that is not the problem, when hosting you might need to 'move' you gaming PC to the DMZ -which is 'outside' your router firewall. This allows other PC's on the internet to see you(a good thing when you are trying to play games-and a bad thing with hackers).
It could also be hard/soft firewall issues-it could be blocking ports that Rich mentioned. Or they could be blocking/allowing certain programs, or IPs even or whole domains.
Many of the various game clubs have archives dealing with connecting. It can take time to figure out but I can say playing SB TCP/IP is really fun as are the Naval titles. Hope this helps.