Player 1 is Communist in round 1, Player 2 is Communist is round 2

z1812 v Reapagan

TheBigRedOne v Dave68124

Rifleman95th v Atle

Shotgun Messiah v rahamy

Paulinski v FastPhil

Dazooz v Lucas Kling

Good luck.

First mirrors should be done by around March 10. (At least that's the goal)

rahamy
19 Feb 07, 12:14
Thanks Mike, but at least with my schedule I probably won't be done till early April...Uaven't heard anything from Lee on the CWB tourney mailing I did either, so not sure wht life is like for him right now either.

But we'll get moving!

TheBigRedOne
19 Feb 07, 21:47
I'm out of town until the end of the week, but the 10th should be doable for me...

Shotgun Messiah
19 Feb 07, 23:28
Okay I am back...
Will be on for this Rich, I have yet to get ahold of Aysi will try again tonight

Dave68124
20 Feb 07, 00:18
I'm out of town until the end of the week, but the 10th should be doable for me...

Sent you a PM on timing. Appears we are going to miss one another and not be able to start until after March 5th.

reapagan
20 Feb 07, 18:14
Z1812,

Hi, I sent you a private mail about starting up, let me know what, when.

Mike

Mike Cox
20 Feb 07, 21:15
Key phrase above is "that's the goal".... Fast players are of course encouraged to solicit for a pick up game...

Rifleman95th
21 Feb 07, 05:55
Fast players are of course encouraged to solicit for a pick up game...

Is that legal ;)

z1812
21 Feb 07, 09:40
Hi All,

Not having played in any SqB tournaments before I am wondering what options are considered standard for play.

Regards John

z1812
21 Feb 07, 09:42
Hi Reapagan,

I have left you a private message with my email address included.

Regards John

FastPhil
21 Feb 07, 18:23
Good Evening Paulinski. I sent you a PM-please feel free to start the games at your convenience.

rahamy
21 Feb 07, 22:49
Hi All,

Not having played in any SqB tournaments before I am wondering what options are considered standard for play.

Regards John

John,

You can use what ever rules you and your opponent agree upon, as long as its not variable ending. As that can varry greatly from game to game and will skew the mirrored match results.

rahamy
21 Feb 07, 22:50
Okay I am back...
Will be on for this Rich, I have yet to get ahold of Aysi will try again tonight

Ok Lee, e-mail on the way!

Dazooz
23 Feb 07, 00:32
I have not heard back from Lucas Kling yet.

rahamy
23 Feb 07, 00:37
I just spoke to Lucas this week and he was having some hardware issues...I just sent him a note though, so he should be around before too long. :cool:

Lucas Kling
23 Feb 07, 12:17
Dazooz, reply sent to your mail. Sorry for my delay, but as Rich said, I've been having some hardware problems, but they should be solved now.

Dazooz
25 Feb 07, 15:42
Thanks Lucas,
1st turn on its way!

Jason (Dazooz)

rahamy
25 Feb 07, 15:47
Lee and I are rolling, have completed a few turns already. :cool:

FastPhil
25 Feb 07, 19:48
Fox Hill is lit up illumination rounds and the communists are dropping like flies-on both sides :P

z1812
05 Mar 07, 10:43
Hi Reapagan,

I am wondering if my turns sent to you may be sitting in your spam folder as I have had no reply from you yet.

Let me know.

regards John

TheBigRedOne
07 Mar 07, 15:34
Dave and I are finally underway. Is that Chinese food I smell?

Dave68124
07 Mar 07, 20:12
Dave and I are finally underway. Is that Chinese food I smell?

Just on my guy's breath as they Human Wave you.

Lucas Kling
12 Mar 07, 16:54
Could someone please explain the "Human Wave" function? It must be in the manual but I am just not finding it.

FastPhil
12 Mar 07, 18:36
Could someone please explain the "Human Wave" function? It must be in the manual but I am just not finding it.

Everyone stands up, waves(and gets the crap shot out of em). Actually for the Japanese it is called a banzai charge -for others human wave.

Berserk Charges

Berserk Charges only apply to certain Squad Battles games and certain nationalities. In the case of the Japanese, Berserk Charges are called Banzai Charges. In the case of the Russians, Chinese, and other nationalities, Berserk Charges are called Human Wave Attacks. The following rules apply when this is the case.

Initiating Berserk Charges

Only leaders of specified nationalities can initiate a Berserk Charge.

Berserk charges can be initiated through the Leader Menu or through the use of the "B" hot key.

Leader must pass a Morale Check and have full movement allowance. If they fail Morale Check, they lose their entire movement allowance for that turn.

A leader with a Motivator weapon has 1 added to their morale for the purpose of passing the Berserk morale check.

Each scenario has a specified Berserk Limit which determines the maximum number of times that a Berserk Charge can be attempted by the given side.

Berserk Status

If successful, all units in their organization within their command radius, including themselves but excluding a unit carrying a crew-served weapon, take Berserk status.

Units that take Berserk status lose the states of Disrupted, Pinned, and Demoralized, and lose On Ground mode.

At beginning of next turn by that player, Berserk units lose their Berserk status and automatically become Disrupted.

Berserk Charge Effects

While in Berserk status, units cannot become Pinned or Demoralized, or take On Ground status. They can become Disrupted.

Berserk units have twice the normal Assault value.

Berserk units do not retreat or become pinned if they lose an assault.

Berserk units have twice the normal movement allowance.

Units which are in Berserk state cannot use Tunnel or Sewer Movement.

;)

FastPhil
12 Mar 07, 18:43
A leader with a Motivator weapon has 1 added to their morale for the purpose of passing the Berserk morale check.

OK gents. Any thoughts on what classifies as a 'motivator weapon'? Real or imaginery.:halo: I have several thoughts that I probably should leave on a more 'mature' board.:eek: :smoke:

rahamy
12 Mar 07, 21:18
A sword, bugle, etc...

FastPhil
12 Mar 07, 21:25
an umbrella, a swagger stick ...

rahamy
13 Mar 07, 15:47
Hi All,

Regards John

John,

Please add yourself to the SB ladder so I can tie you into the Tourney page.

Thanks!

z1812
14 Mar 07, 00:33
Hi All,

I have added myself to the ladder.

Regards John

Mike Cox
16 Mar 07, 18:41
How are games going? I have seen a report or two and wanted to check in.

Everyone made contact?

Dazooz
17 Mar 07, 12:25
Going good, we're getting there.

rahamy
18 Mar 07, 17:02
Moving right along...Lee and I have finished our first match and are fast approaching the half way mark in our second one...

TheBigRedOne
18 Mar 07, 23:55
We got a late start. Are charging through both games at the same time. There's a lot a killing on both sides!

Mike Cox
20 Mar 07, 13:41
In the interest of pushing forward, how about an April 1 goal for completing 1 of 2 first round games and April 15 for completing both?

rahamy
20 Mar 07, 13:46
Lee and I should be able to do that. :cool:

TheBigRedOne
20 Mar 07, 15:00
No problem, we are playing both at the same time right now to make up speed.

Mike Cox
21 Mar 07, 20:06
Others? Barring objections then, that's the plan.

rahamy
25 Mar 07, 23:16
Lee and I just finished our second game...he stopped my Commies cold, so I threw in the towel at turn 8...just too ugly to continue! :nervous:

Mike Cox
26 Mar 07, 18:38
Our first complete set!

Shotgun Messiah
27 Mar 07, 19:09
Yes and I am still stinging from my first round loss.. err minor victory... losing in the last round by the loss of single leader was just too much for my fragile pshyci.. my major eluded me... damned my black luck

Lucas Kling
31 Mar 07, 13:10
Me and Dazooz just finished both our games. Both were very good games, and I really liked this scenario from both sides.

TheBigRedOne
03 Apr 07, 16:44
Dave and I have about 4 turns to go on each, but he's out of town until Sunday. We should finish them both by the end of next week and report them out. At this point both games are going to go down to the wire. We've employed different tactics to get to where we are going, especially on the NK side. It's a rough ride for the Americans with all those bodies heading their way, that's for sure. Initially I didn't care for this scenario, but it has reall grown on me. My first taste of using a Human Wave, I think I'd do things a bit differently next time, but it's been a fun couple of games....

Atle
04 Apr 07, 05:26
Nik and I have completed our games as well. Major Defeat for the Communists in both.... :eek:

Dazooz
09 Apr 07, 08:13
Would someone be interested in stepping in for me to finish the tournament, my apologies.

Mike Cox
09 Apr 07, 16:57
No problem Jason. You completed the first round and should have no problem covering for you in the next rounds....

reapagan
14 Apr 07, 17:12
Hey guys,

How and who do we report games to? John and I just finished up. Thanks

Mike

Mike Cox
15 Apr 07, 14:34
You can get there through the 'Game Ladders' link along the top, but this will take you directly there:

http://forums.gamesquad.com/wfhq-ld-step1.php?lk=0.89698932869079&ladnum=38&sub=1&u=1038

TheBigRedOne
15 Apr 07, 16:07
Dave and I are done, Chinese major loss on both sides.

Mike Cox
15 Apr 07, 17:52
Cool. All games complete!

Please double check your scores and I will post the next round matchups in a day or 2.

Target for completing next round: May 15.

please remember to double check you are reporting the correct side when filing the end games. We have one reversed set, but the points are correct.

Also round 2 is Fox Hill #3. Not Fox Hill#2.

Mike Cox
16 Apr 07, 13:48
Pairings posted on the tourney page.

Matchups are as follows:

Reapgan v Shotgun Messiah
Lucas Kling v Atle
Rifleman95th v Dave654321
TheBigRedOne v Rahamy
Z1812 v FastPhil

(sorry for some spelling mistakes, working from memory.)

I will be available to sub if a player can not finish the round. I will be travelling the week of April 23-29, but other than that I am around to answer questions.

ALSO Round 2 = FOX HILL #3. Just a reminder.

Good Luck!

z1812
23 Apr 07, 21:49
Hi Phil,

We are teamed up for the next part of the tourney. My email is

z1812john@yahoo.ca if you would like to start the games.

Regards John

Shotgun Messiah
29 Apr 07, 16:39
inyour listing of opponents who is which side? or is it mirrored
I am so confused
Lee

rahamy
29 Apr 07, 17:27
They are mirrored, shotgun. :cool:

Mike Cox
01 May 07, 21:14
Yes, Rich is right - mirrored. But pay attention when submitting reports as to which side is which. There is one set for wach match up.

Good luck!

Shotgun Messiah
12 May 07, 00:36
paging Reapagan

We are paired up but have yet to hear a reply from you I have sent files but to no avail
Contact me at deringus@msn.com

Shotgun Messiah
20 May 07, 19:00
okay we cookin with foogas now.....

Mike Cox
21 May 07, 20:45
Just checking in with you all. I assume that games are underway.

FastPhil
16 Jun 07, 22:50
Just checking in with you all. I assume that games are underway.

John and I have finished our second round games. we both has wins as the Allied player. He got a major and I a minor. Gmes are reported but 2nd round still listed as pending.

rahamy
16 Jun 07, 22:55
Alan and I are almost done with our first game, will move on to the second right after that.

TheBigRedOne
16 Jun 07, 23:47
Alan and I are almost done with our first game, will move on to the second right after that.

Yeah, Rich's GI Human Wave has overcome my NK freedom fighters.

Mike Cox
19 Jun 07, 14:10
Starting to see some end games roll in. I assume everyone has at least made contact and progressed a bit in their games?

Lucas Kling
12 Jul 07, 09:33
Me and Atle just finished two enjoyable games.

Why can one not see the pairings on the tourney page like on Round 1? It helps when finding out which of the two entries you have to pick when filing the end game report (ie. me vs opponent, opponents vs me). Since it is always one side vs the other and just the names that are switched when doing mirrors like this.

Anyhow, I just went from the previous round where it was allies vs comm.

Thanks for the games, Atle!

rahamy
12 Jul 07, 09:58
Check it out now Lucas...it was still set to Pending, so I changed that.

Alan and I are moving slowly through our second game...both have quite a bit on our plates. Will try to finish sooner rather than later though!

Lucas Kling
12 Jul 07, 10:58

Alan and I are moving slowly through our second game...both have quite a bit on our plates. Will try to finish sooner rather than later though!

Thanks, Rich! That worked!

TheBigRedOne
15 Jul 07, 13:18

Yeah, now that I'm back to work, the real world has slowed down my gaming fun. We'll get it done in the next couple of weeks....

Shotgun Messiah
12 Aug 07, 22:59
Wahoo!!! King of Turkey Hill

rahamy
12 Aug 07, 23:13
Yes, that does put you at the top of the heap...for now...still plenty of games left to be reported though!

Shotgun Messiah
19 Aug 07, 00:25
I know but it boosted my Ego to shout it out...besides no one can top me in this round so I am crowning myself

rahamy
23 Aug 07, 19:59
Some one's got to do it, eh? :clown:

rahamy
02 Sep 07, 20:55
Looks like Alan and I are the only outstanding game now...we're well progressed, so should have it wrapped up in the next week or so. Just depends on Alan's work schedule.

TheBigRedOne
03 Sep 07, 20:48
Yeah, I apologize profusely for this. Been a rough month. I'll get a turn out tonight and will dedicate to getting a turn out as quickly as they come in.

rahamy
03 Sep 07, 21:09
No apology necessary Alan...life happens. Was just letting the group know that we are working on wrapping things up so they didn't think we had bailed! :cool:

We'll get it wrapped up soon enough.

Rich

rahamy
05 Sep 07, 16:40
And we're done! Game report submitted, congrats to Alan on his victory! :cool:

Mike Cox
08 Sep 07, 16:41
OK. My apolgies to the early finishers for not hounding the stragglers, but we do have a complete round in!

Before I do the pairings for the final round, I wanted to make sure that everyone is still planning on participating.

I have the following players from Round 2:

Dave68124 - check
Shotgun Messiah - check
Lucas Kling - check
z1812 - MIA??
rahamy - check
TheBigRedOne - check
Atle - check
FastPhil - check
reapagan - check
Rifleman95th - check

Any known drops?

rahamy
08 Sep 07, 18:08
I'm in for round 3... :cool:

Lucas Kling
09 Sep 07, 05:55
I'm here and ready to play!

FastPhil
09 Sep 07, 12:41
I'm in gentlemen

reapagan
09 Sep 07, 17:28
good to go...

Shotgun Messiah
09 Sep 07, 22:00
I 'm your huckleberry!!

Mike Cox
10 Sep 07, 21:37
Ok, jusr need to track down z1812, Atle, and Rifleman. Anyone got a game going with them or been in contact recenty?

Rich - is Atle around?

rahamy
10 Sep 07, 21:49
I'm in touch with Atle & Nik (Rifleman) regularly, so I will drop them a line.

Mike Cox
10 Sep 07, 21:54
Thanks. Now for John.....

Rifleman95th
11 Sep 07, 02:59
I'm in touch with Atle & Nik (Rifleman) regularly, so I will drop them a line.

I'm in for the next round. Though I'm still patching myself up after the thumping Dave handed out in the last round

Thanks for the heads up Rich.

Cheers

Nik

Atle
11 Sep 07, 08:38
Here I am .. at last :crosseye: Count me in for round 3!:smoke:

Mike Cox
13 Sep 07, 12:46
Cool. So last call for John/z1812. I can't send an email through the site, and only PM's. He has not posted in a long time.

Anyone heard from him of late? If not we will move on without....

rahamy
13 Sep 07, 20:38
Nope, no word...but do we have an alternate to fill the gap?

Dazooz
13 Sep 07, 20:40
Rich,

I feel kind of bad about having to withdraw in an earlier round, if you still need an alternate, I can help finish up!

Jason (Dazooz)

rahamy
13 Sep 07, 20:51
Hey Jason,

Up to Mike really, but it looks like we may need you!

FastPhil
13 Sep 07, 23:09
I have sent John an email. I was his last opponent

Mike Cox
14 Sep 07, 20:32
If Jason (Dazooz) is game, I'd love to have you back. If John comes back we can have 12.

Current standings:

Shotgun Messiah: 38
Dave68124: 32
Lucas Kling: 32
TheBigRedOne: 24
Atle: 22
reapagan: 22
Mike Cox: 20
z1812: 20
rahamy: 18
Rifleman95th: 16
FastPhil: 14
Dazooz: 6

I will post matchups on Sunday night. Hopefully John is interested (which means Dazooz and I can play for a total of 12).

I will use the same convention as before where #1 player will meet #2, etc. So Shotgun will play Dave, Lucas plays BigRed, Atle against Reapagan, and then in gets murky. Remember there will be 2 games in the round as a mirror. When reporting, the Allies are side 1, Communists side 2.

So until Sunday....

TheBigRedOne
14 Sep 07, 21:52
I'm on vacation all next week, so whomever gets me, we can't get started until at least next weekend. Send me an EMAIL once the matches are posted and we can plan from there.

I can't believe I'm in 4th place after two rounds...

Mike Cox
15 Sep 07, 12:40
I have heard rumour that John is around and interested, so we should have a full compliment of 12.....

Dazooz
15 Sep 07, 15:47
If Jason (Dazooz) is game, I'd love to have you back.

I'm certainly willing if you need me!

z1812
15 Sep 07, 19:39
Hi All,

I am ready to start anytime.

Regards John

Mike Cox
17 Sep 07, 03:26
Will post the matchups tomorrow. Sorry.

Mike Cox
17 Sep 07, 21:10
So here we go:

Round 3: Fox Hill No. 4

Games are mirrored as before and you will play both sides. When reporting, please make sure you enter the result in the correct game slot. Allies are listed 1st, the Communists. Good Luck.

I would like to set a goal of October 15th for completion of BOTH games. (As always, it's a goal, not a drop dead date.)

Note from the Scenario Intro:

It is also advised that the variable ending option be turned on, which allows an undetermined number of turns for the Marines to reach the exit hex and thus increasing excitement by this uncertainty.

Unless there are objections, I would suggest that we play with this rule selected. Yes, it means there will be a lot more luck involved.

Shotgun Messiah vs Dave68124
Lucas Kling vs TheBigRedOne
Atle vs reapagan
Mike Cox vs z1812
rahamy vs Rifleman95th
FastPhil vs Dazooz

rahamy
18 Sep 07, 11:25
Will try Mike...but Nik and I are already involved in another tourney game, so hammering through 3 matches in a month - on top of everything else is a tall order. I'd say Nov. 15 is a more realistic target date. :cool:

Dazooz
18 Sep 07, 14:36
Getting started!

Rifleman95th
19 Sep 07, 05:05
Will try Mike...but Nik and I are already involved in another tourney game, so hammering through 3 matches in a month - on top of everything else is a tall order. I'd say Nov. 15 is a more realistic target date. :cool:

Yeah Nov '08! :D

Mike Cox
19 Sep 07, 13:40
Quit yer bellyachin soldier and get up there and git goin'! Standin round here ain't gettin ya any closer to finishin!

Just kidding. Nothing wrong with a goal. If some/most games are done I'll be happy. Just like to pick a date. Realistically, Thanksgiving is when I expect it all to be said and done....

>Don't you love your country?

Yes, sir.

>Then how about getting with the program? Why don't you jump on the team and come on in for the big win?

Yes, sir!

>Son, all I've ever asked of my marines is that they obey my orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the Vietnamese, because inside every gook there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over.

Dave68124
20 Sep 07, 11:48
Quit yer bellyachin soldier and get up there and git goin'! Standin round here ain't gettin ya any closer to finishin!

Just kidding. Nothing wrong with a goal. If some/most games are done I'll be happy. Just like to pick a date. Realistically, Thanksgiving is when I expect it all to be said and done....

>Don't you love your country?

Yes, sir.

>Then how about getting with the program? Why don't you jump on the team and come on in for the big win?

Yes, sir!

>Son, all I've ever asked of my marines is that they obey my orders as they would the word of God. We are here to help the Vietnamese, because inside every gook there is an American trying to get out. It's a hardball world, son. We've gotta keep our heads until this peace craze blows over.

Everyone loves a Full Metal Jacket quote early in the AM.

TheBigRedOne
23 Sep 07, 15:49
PM sent to Lucas to get the ball rolling.

I'm also thinking that November would be more realistic, at least on my end....

Dave68124
03 Oct 07, 23:32
Anyone heard from Shotgun lately?

Email and PM sent about 2 weeks ago and radio silence.

Thanks,

Dave

rahamy
04 Oct 07, 08:42
Not a word, sorry. Maybe work has him tied up...this is a pretty normal pattern for him.

Mike Cox
19 Oct 07, 00:13
I trust everyone is underway. I know John and I have played a few turns. I have alo heard that FastPhil lived up to his name and has completed one of his games....

rahamy
19 Oct 07, 05:24
Nik and I are nearing completion of our first game, so moving along. :cool:

Sorry, typed the wrong name first time.

TheBigRedOne
19 Oct 07, 09:52
I trust everyone is underway. I know John and I have played a few turns. I have alo heard that FastPhil lived up to his name and has completed one of his games....

Lucas and I are through one turn in both, mostly due to my schedule being weird. I plan to pick up the pace over the next couple of weeks to get these games completed.

Shotgun Messiah
12 Nov 07, 01:51
After throttling Dave into submission... I proudly proclaim myself King of Fox Hill

I want to thank Dave for getting me my "Ace" ( the streak continues....)

Three cheers for Mike Cox for having this tourny....

TheBigRedOne
12 Nov 07, 13:24
[whistle]

Flag on the play.

Personal foul, unsportsmanlike conduct, taunting of a shattered opponent and Tourney Ladder, 25 point penalty and loss of down.

:laugh:

Congrats on the win. Lucas and I should be done by February! (just kidding, Mike)

Dave68124
12 Nov 07, 13:33
After throttling Dave into submission... I proudly proclaim myself King of Fox Hill

I want to thank Dave for getting me my "Ace" ( the streak continues....)

Three cheers for Mike Cox for having this tourny....

Congrats on the fine win. However, if I can offer a suggestion. Maybe you should handle it with a bit more class next time. :rolleyes:

rahamy
12 Nov 07, 13:35
Nik & I are in the last half of our second game...so not much longer now.

Mike Cox
13 Nov 07, 17:29
John and I are nearing the end of both our games. I may be able to hold on to onw win...

rahamy
16 Nov 07, 21:08
We just finished our second game...each of us won a Major as the Commies...not sure how the guys playing the US that have won have done it...

Shotgun Messiah
16 Nov 07, 21:36
Just got lucky I guess.. Made everyone go after the hill with all haste, Company versus a platoon ,good odds, Kept my casualties to a minimum (29, two officers.). Then laid in wait for his reserves to come up the hill after me....then it was a turkeyshoot

TheBigRedOne
18 Nov 07, 12:14
Lucas and I are making solid progress in both games. Should be done in a week to a week and a half. We've been cranking out turns over the past week.

Mike Cox
20 Nov 07, 17:00
John and I are about done. We had the variable ending option on, so we are going extra frames.

TheBigRedOne
22 Nov 07, 14:48
Happy Thanksgiving, men. Keep your heads down and your coffee hot.

Lucas and I are closing in on turn 15 in both games. I believe we have the alternate ending on, so we should be finishing up in the next couple of days, depending on our schedules.

TheBigRedOne
24 Nov 07, 20:35
One game finished, the second is in extra innings. Should be finished in the next day or three...

Mike Cox
07 Dec 07, 17:44
Congratulations to the three winners of the tourney, and thanks to all for participating. I'll talk to Rich about getting the bonus points credited.

The top three were:

Shotgun Messiah: 58
TheBigRedOne: 42
Lucas Kling: 38

Any general feed back on the tourney (format, pace, etc) or the scenarios would be appreciated. (I am sure you all edited the comments fields of the game reports didn't you ;) )

Thanks again,

Mike Cox
09 Dec 07, 17:05
Points and medals have been awarded. Let me know if you don't see yours.

rahamy
12 Dec 07, 08:51
Any general feed back on the tourney (format, pace, etc) or the scenarios would be appreciated.

I think the format of the tourney was fine, but to be honest I wasn't too thrilled with the scenarios themselves. Lots of open ground in the snow makes for a very slow & painful attack. I'd also prefer a bit more variety in situations rather than a series of very similar situations.

As you know, I really appreciate your efforts so don't take the above personally! :cool:

Mike Cox
12 Dec 07, 12:49
Not at all!

Rifleman95th
14 Dec 07, 17:21
I enjoyed the tourny - thanks very much Mike for putting in the time and effort in running it. :)

I'm probably in a similar mind to Rich with regard to the scenario choice (especially the last one).