PDA

View Full Version : Play Balance in AOTR

FastPhil
19 Dec 06, 13:48
We are engaged in a great crusade. We are working our way thru AOTR one sacenario at a time. I have the Russians and my opponent is the Fascists. I would like anyone's opinions on the play-balance in the game. It is hard to evaluate single scenarios against single opponents :) but much harder to find time to play scenarios multiple times against multiple opponents:eek: or is that harder to fool all of the .... :nuts:

Ozgur Budak
19 Dec 06, 14:35
Most of the stock AOTR scenarios are not well balanced for pbem since they seem to aim solo play. I recommend playing HTH modifications of the stock scenarios or 3rd party pbem scenarios at TFE4.

FastPhil
19 Dec 06, 15:44
Most of the stock AOTR scenarios are not well balanced for pbem since they seem to aim solo play. I recommend playing HTH modifications of the stock scenarios or 3rd party pbem scenarios at TFE4.

Thanks. I have downloaded all of them but :laugh: we decided to go through all of the stock first and them attack the others. As the Russian I feel like a glutton for punishment:crosseye: as from my persepective the Russian is usually outnumbered and the VCs give the AXIS victory too easy. But I like the game and some times some cool things happen.
I had one mad soldier survive six turns of assault from various elements of two platoons in Eagle Strike- CMOH for that guy :cool:

rahamy
24 Dec 06, 10:25
Thanks. I have downloaded all of them but :laugh: we decided to go through all of the stock first and them attack the others. As the Russian I feel like a glutton for punishment:crosseye: as from my persepective the Russian is usually outnumbered and the VCs give the AXIS victory too easy. But I like the game and some times some cool things happen.

I like it too, but I agree with Oz, it was designed more for AI play only. Needs more custom H2H scenarios.

I had one mad soldier survive six turns of assault from various elements of two platoons in Eagle Strike- CMOH for that guy :cool:

This will be fixed in the next round of patches, as that's not that rare of an occurance currently.

And as scenarios are played here statisitics are gathered, so you can see how scenarios are panning out just by the victory conditions that are posted...obviously the data gets better the more game reports that get submitted. You can find this on the Ladder page, and then click the "View Scenario Summary Report" link...here's the one for SB:

http://www.xtreme-gamer.com/forums/wfhq-ld-all-players.php?searchtype=s&ladder=Squad+Battles&SortOption=6