PDA

View Full Version : My god, it's full of members :)

Aries
30 Nov 06, 23:48
Toooo many forums suddenly have sooooo many new members.

And to be honest, I almost wonder, are they new here, or am I new there?

Well anyways, nice to see soooooo much newness :)

For the benefit of all the non grognards though, watch out, some of us grogs are internet pitbulls :) Make sure to always ensure our chains are secured before coming into the yard hehe.

freightshaker
01 Dec 06, 19:19
Play nice now Les....:devious:

DarkSora
01 Dec 06, 19:33
yeah, eveyone will get used to eachother in no time..i hope :D

Psycho
02 Dec 06, 01:26
Play nice now Les....:devious:

Yeah, that's gonna happen :rolleyes:

cain
02 Dec 06, 04:00
Yeah, that's gonna happen :rolleyes:

We're accepting you :)

Sprig
02 Dec 06, 04:20
Toooo many forums suddenly have sooooo many new members.

And to be honest, I almost wonder, are they new here, or am I new there?

Well anyways, nice to see soooooo much newness :)

For the benefit of all the non grognards though, watch out, some of us grogs are internet pitbulls :) Make sure to always ensure our chains are secured before coming into the yard hehe.

U like complaining and moaing dont ya buddy...At the end of the day we are all in the same boat were going to just have to live with each other if we want to remain on here.

Naluka
02 Dec 06, 04:23
Lol Calm down Sprig, He's happy that theres lots of people it just comes as a bit of a shock. (I think) And this is his "Mass welcome to all the merged people" thread.

02 Dec 06, 04:23
May I steal aline from Mars Attacks..."Why can't we all just get long":laugh: :smoke:

Sprig
02 Dec 06, 04:24
Meh what ever, other experiences in other threads hasnt basically been nice thats all.

Psycho
02 Dec 06, 04:48
We're accepting you :)

You're gonna regret that one day :nuts:

cain
02 Dec 06, 04:58
You're gonna regret that one day :nuts:

hehe, no i'm sure won't honestly:)

Jim
02 Dec 06, 05:45
I'm just here for the free candy

Ricky
02 Dec 06, 06:30
we were exactly happy to join either :p

Jacques XVII
02 Dec 06, 06:30
I'm here for the squirrels.

They love me.

Sprig
02 Dec 06, 06:33
Im here for the dancing cheese, i have yet to find some...hmmm

Ricky
02 Dec 06, 06:39
:cheese: there you go sprig xD

:eek: that have broccoli aswell :D:broccoli:

Sprig
02 Dec 06, 06:41
You have just made my day :) hahaha

bradas
02 Dec 06, 08:26
Lol, it will take time to get used to it, im still getting over how many members there are... active!

Jim
02 Dec 06, 08:27
Lol, it will take time to get used to it, im still getting over how many members there are... active!

its a huge amount of members, but i am surprised at the fact so little things are posted

Psycho
02 Dec 06, 08:37
When I first saw the thread name I was expecting it to be about Paris Hilton. :shock:

Jim
02 Dec 06, 08:38
When I first saw the thread name I was expecting it to be about Paris Hilton. :shock:

lol wtf why?

Psycho
02 Dec 06, 09:06
lol wtf why?

It's full of "members" :coolban:

Jim
02 Dec 06, 09:07
It's full of "members" :coolban:

this is something sexual isnt it?

Bootaaay
02 Dec 06, 09:10
Lol, he means 'member' as in another word for 'penis' - so therefore, when he saw 'My god, it's full of members' he assumed it was about Paris Hilton :D

Jim
02 Dec 06, 09:12
oh okey dokey i gotcha ;)

bradas
02 Dec 06, 09:17
Lol now i understand it its laughable =D

Jim
02 Dec 06, 09:18
^ Paris Hilton is laughable even without a dong in her three openings ^

bradas
02 Dec 06, 09:23
^ thanks for that mate :rolleyes: ^

Jim
02 Dec 06, 09:24
just making it clear for people :)

Aries
02 Dec 06, 09:54
I think a large number of young people joining a large number of old people is going to have a large number of comical ramifications.

Oh, the newbies might have trouble with some of us old farts that have an obsession with very long posts that (shudder) involve actual reading hehe.

Then again, I know it's going to come as a shock to some of the old farts, that they will have to learn a lot of expressions known only to teenagers :)

bradas
02 Dec 06, 09:59
^ yeah i noticed it was mainly older men here.... ^
we are all like 13-17

Jim
02 Dec 06, 10:01
yea i have noticed the long posts, the size of your post is just about ok Aries but some huge ones in the discussion area are like :O ZOMG

Psycho
02 Dec 06, 10:22
yea i have noticed the long posts, the size of your post is just about ok Aries but some huge ones in the discussion area are like :O ZOMG

You know what they say about guys with longer posts don't you? :devious:

You young punks can't hang with us old farts! :lier:

chuloopa
02 Dec 06, 10:33
I'm still laughing about the fact that they didn't get what "member" meant...

Do you guys even know how long it took me to teach these guys what a sexual inuendo was? Most of them thought it was what happens when you have relations with a Nintendo...

Dear god... haha

Also, not everyone from sengo have short posts... i for one ramble on uncontrollably on multiple occasions for no good reason. Just like now.

Indeed we do need to teach the youngins how to compose a post with more than 5 words...

and dear god guys!!! how could you not know what 'member' meant?!?! have i taught you nothing?!

bradas
02 Dec 06, 10:35
^ i know what ''member'' means... it just didnt click with my brain straight away''...
As for shorter posts, they are easier + quicker to read :)

Psycho
02 Dec 06, 10:39
Do you guys even know how long it took me to teach these guys what a sexual inuendo was?

An Italian suppository? :hmmm:

Aries
02 Dec 06, 11:13
I guess you guys have never experienced the phrase "a Les sized post" hehe.

Guys, I'm being nice to you, my average post duration is between 300-500 words :)

I wrote an article once for the site, I thought they meant 4000 word post, I actually wrote a 7000 word post rather casually, I find out after the contest, they meant 400 word post hehe.

Jim
02 Dec 06, 11:14
I'm still laughing about the fact that they didn't get what "member" meant...

Do you guys even know how long it took me to teach these guys what a sexual inuendo was? Most of them thought it was what happens when you have relations with a Nintendo...

and dear god guys!!! how could you not know what 'member' meant?!?! have i taught you nothing?!

I knew what a sexual ineundo was :( my old user name was a very sexual inuendo which even you didnt get Chuloopa

I am glad to say my apprentiship with you has formed my mind into not only intelligence but sexuelligence :D

The force is with us both now :)

Ewan
02 Dec 06, 11:15
lol that is crazy can you write like that for real life things

Jim
02 Dec 06, 11:15
can you do my homework for me? :p

Aries
02 Dec 06, 11:39
lol that is crazy can you write like that for real life things

Was that aimed at me?

At any rate, I am something of a writer, and writing is a natural talent to which I can pour out immense volumes of dialogue on damn near anything.

But I'm not special, most of the mob here can write immense volumes on the topics they discuss.

Rule 1 of wargaming forums, always avoid making statements you REEEEEALLY are not expert on, as most wargamers are also incredibly good debaters, and looking silly as hell (not to mention having one's IQ rating totally destroyed) is just an ill thought out comment away.

Regarding homework, it won't be for free hehe :)

Funniest writing moment. In the army, in basic, I got 50 bucks an autobiography. The platoon leader expected us to write something about us so he could get to know us better. And writing doesn't get easy just because you get older and leave school hehe. Somewhere in an archive, there are some entirely immaginary bios waiting for some poor unsuspecting CSIS agent :)

Jim
02 Dec 06, 11:43
Rule 1 of wargaming forums, always avoid making statements you REEEEEALLY are not expert on, as most wargamers are also incredibly good debaters, and looking silly as hell (not to mention having one's IQ rating totally destroyed) is just an ill thought out comment away.

Arguing is fun though, but seriously i put my foot in an argument a bit last night, even though i would have normally won that kind of argument on a forum, i think i need to start using better words to express my point of view before i argue with some1. Oh and arguing over something which you dont know anything about is my speciality :D

dhuffjr
02 Dec 06, 11:50
Arguing is fun though, but seriously i put my foot in an argument a bit last night, even though i would have normally won that kind of argument on a forum
Internet rule number 45920.332
You never win any forum argument. Winning is only in your own mind.
It can be entertaining sport though.

Oh and arguing over something which you don't know anything about is my speciality :D
Man rule number 93982
Knowing what your talking about it is not important. What is important is that you can convince others that you do.

Jim
02 Dec 06, 11:52
Man rule number 93982
Knowing what your talking about it is not important. What is important is that you can convince others that you do.

haha Bull shitting is my speciality :D :bs:

Adamaniac 791
02 Dec 06, 12:14
Don't worry we are used to long posts, check out anything that ehandlr posts! :hehe: Oh and chuloopa can ramble a bit too. :p