PDA

View Full Version : Suggestion: Resizable Windows ?

Yankee66
22 Mar 04, 02:54
Hi,

Is there a way to make the windows in ATF resizable ?
The Unit-Info windows is a bit small, so that i always have to scroll to see all the vehicles in a group.

It would be even nicer to have the info window refresh automatically so that i just need to click on a unit to see its info and not having to right click on the unit every time.

Is that a good suggestion for a future patch, or is that already implemented and i just missed it in the manual ?

Pat Proctor
22 Mar 04, 10:56
The unit-info window should auto refresh already. If it is not, this is a bug. Let me know exactly what info you are looking at that is not updating automatically, and I will take a look at it.

As for resizable windows, we are working on some pretty radical engine upgrades now that should solve your problem.

Thanks for the comments!

kbluck
22 Mar 04, 11:14
The unit-info window should auto refresh already

I think he meant that he'd like to see it refresh with a single left-click on the same or a different unit, once the dialog was already open.

--- Kevin

Yankee66
22 Mar 04, 13:23
I think he meant that he'd like to see it refresh with a single left-click on the same or a different unit, once the dialog was already open.

That is exactly what i mean. Just selecting another unit with the dialog already open. For me, this would be a great help. Just thought that it would be a nice idea. :)

KG_Norad
22 Mar 04, 21:52
Captain, when you say "Radical Engine Upgrades" are we talking about upgrades to the original ATF (please please please:D ) or the upgrades only available in the upcoming releases?
Michael
Czar

Scully
22 Mar 04, 22:08
Michael
Czar

Glad to see Czar has been added to your title block. I was once called a "Czar of Information" by a Democratic legislator on TV. He didn't mean it in the nice way that I did. :)

Pat Proctor
22 Mar 04, 22:57
Mike,

Unfortunately, "radical" means a separate product. The radical graphical improvements are in the works for Air Assault Task Force. Though each previous release will add a fair amount to the current engine, I would not categorize any of these upgrades as "radical" in the sense that they fundamentally alter the system architecture (though many of the upcoming features will have a radical effect on game play).

However, I am committed to seeing that all future versions of the ATF Engine are backwards compatible with scenarios from the earliest release versions of the engine. The result is that, all of the enhancements in future ATF Engine projects (Raging Tiger, Thunder & Lightning, The Falklands War, Air Assault Task Force, and any other, as of yet, unnanounced game) can be enjoyed while playing scenarios from all previous releases.