PDA

View Full Version : !!!for Warfarehq Members Only!!!

Pat Proctor
20 Feb 04, 00:07
Gentlemen,

It is my distinct honor to offer up a little something to the best ATF community on the NET!

We have just completed ATF version 1.04. I would like to offer everyone on this list a sneak preview of this release, a week before it is released to the public.

You can download the files here:

http://www.prosimco.com/BETA_104/ATF_BETA_V104.zip

To install, extract these files to your ATF install directory. Check out the "Readme" file to see what is new in this release.

Here are the conditions for using these files...

1. If you find a bug, tell us about it, so we can fix it before it goes to full release.

2. DO NOT DISTRIBUTE THESE FILES. These versions are ONLY being released to the members of this group. They are in a form that makes it easier for us to fix problems you find. But thes files are not for the general public.

3. When the official, version 1.04 patch comes out, download and install it, erasing these files.

Thank you all for your support through the years. Enjoy:cheeky:!

Deltapooh
20 Feb 04, 11:04
I see you fixed BCT Map Import Tool :D :thumup: :D :thumup: :D That means all the BCT maps can be moved over into ATF, Afghanistan, Sinia South, Fort Knox, Korea................ I'm very happy.

I'll be looking checking it out this weekend and report back.

Thanks!

Pat Proctor
20 Feb 04, 11:59
I hope I have fixed the BCT map import tool. Check it out and let me know...

kbluck
20 Feb 04, 12:44
I get "privileged instruction" or "single step trace" exceptions and a crash whenever I load an ATF scenario. Sounds like the debug code acting up. Maybe its interacting badly with other development tools I have installed. I'll try it on a different computer later.

--- Kevin

cbelva
20 Feb 04, 13:06
I get "privileged instruction" or "single step trace" exceptions and a crash whenever I load an ATF scenario. Sounds like the debug code acting up. Maybe its interacting badly with other development tools I have installed. I'll try it on a different computer later.

--- Kevin

I think that I am having the same problem. Everytime I load a scenario, the program crashes.

Deltapooh
20 Feb 04, 14:04
I'm crashing as well.

I hope I have fixed the BCT map import tool. Check it out and let me know...

It appears so. I've imported two BCT maps into ATF without any real trouble. The contour lines are a little distorted, but that is fixable. Most importantly, I can save and open the .gmp file, both in the Power Toolkit and Scenario builder. I even opened up the .emp file and saw the name is not messed up.

Pat Proctor
20 Feb 04, 18:02
For those experiencing crashes, what scenario are you trying to load?

kbluck
20 Feb 04, 18:05

All of them.

--- Kevin

cbelva
20 Feb 04, 18:13

I have tried several scenarios and they all crashed. I loaded one of the scenarios in scenario buider and resaved it, but it too crashed.

Pat Proctor
20 Feb 04, 18:23
Stand by. I am uploading a rebuild. It may have been a corrupted upload or a bad build...

Pat Proctor
20 Feb 04, 20:05
OK. Here is another zip package that should work better...

http://www.prosimco.com/BETA_104/ATF_BETA_V104_take2.zip

kbluck
20 Feb 04, 20:20
OK, I can load scenarios now. Judging by the considerably smaller file size, it looks like this one is not a debug build.

--- Kevin

kbluck
20 Feb 04, 20:51
Just reran my test scenario a couple of times.

The good news: the pKs seem more in line with expectations.

The bad news: It seems to be doing a lot more missing now. Typically <30% hit rate (according to the suppression marker, anyway), which seems low for a T-72 firing at a stationary target only a few hundred meters away.

I also noticed the same weird "charging" behavior as before. Seemingly at random after taking a hit, the target tank comes out of "Stop" for no apparent reason, and moves down its path towards the firing tank. When it reaches the end, it stops and turns north, as usual. Occasionally, it gets killed almost immediately, as you'd expect, but sometimes the firing tank seems to have difficulty hiting it after it reaches the end of path, even though it is maybe 100 meters away. It'll frequently go 10 shots before finally hitting.

I have attached a savegame showing this phenomenon.

--- Kevin

Pat Proctor
21 Feb 04, 12:39
KB,

For some reason, I can not load Bolo.zip or Test.asc. I suspect I am missing some file you have.

But I have been playtesting the new version, and I have not observed any of the strange behavior you describe. Could you repackage all the files I need to recreate the bug and send them to:

techsupport@prosimco.com

kbluck
21 Feb 04, 15:48
You need the same stuff as mentioned in the "pK?" thread. If you ran that test scenario before, I can't imagine what you don't have, unless you deleted stuff.

http://www.netce.com/atf/kbDataModern.zip
http://www.netce.com/atf/Test.zip
Bihac map

--- Kevin

Deltapooh
21 Feb 04, 22:07
I'm messing with the BCT Map converter. The outstanding issue I've run into has been adding the contour map. It comes out funny. I included a SS to see what I mean. I was thinking about rotating the .bmp in an image editor then trying to add it. Other than that, everything with the converter works fine.

Pat Proctor
22 Feb 04, 03:09
This is the same issue as before. I will get crackin on it.

Deltapooh
22 Feb 04, 17:38
This is the same issue as before. I will get crackin on it.

I used v1.3 (backed up .exe files), and imported the contour map just fine. I believe the .bmp file for that map found in BCT doesn't work well with ATF period. I say that because when I max zoomed out the imported .bmp, it came up with checker-board look where the color is the darkest (suppose to be water I believe). Then when I zoom in, everything is fine.

This of course can be fixed by simply altering the water color. As for why it came out the way SS showed, I have no clue. However, it might just be the map itself.

To further mystify your mine, I went back to v1.4, imported Sinai South, and ran into no problem EXCEPT the color map is missing a block in the lower right corner. It engine replaces this block with the contour block.

Short and sweet, I can see why you were reluctant to release the map editor tool. It is as of yet not a perfect program. On the bright side, it does appear you are closer to changing that. I'll keep experimenting.

Pat Proctor
22 Feb 04, 18:45
Thanks for the bug report. I am working on it right now.

KB. Great bug report on the Test.asc error. I have found a rather large-sized cockroach (apparently from New York) in the code. We went three rounds, but I have managed to kill it.

FYI, part of the reason vehicles are hard to hit in this test is because the targets are in 'Hold Fire'. This makes them harder to hit because they are not exposing themselves to fire.

That having been said, there WAS a bug and it is fixed. Stand by for updated patch.

Pat Proctor
22 Feb 04, 20:54
DP,

I am not able to recreate your issues. Here is a sample of the maps I have built just fooling around:

http://www.prosimco.com/BCT Maps/BCT Maps.zip

Here are the possible pitfalls I can see you might be experiencing:

When making maps, you need to load the scenario in the BCT Construction Set, and then save the maps using "Save As" from the "Map" menu. THIS is the file you will designate when indicating what BCT map you want to import.
Next, when using "DX Convert", make sure you are using the maps drawn by the ATF Power Toolkit, not the BCT Map image.
Make sure the ATF produced images are at 16 or 24 bit color depth.

Pat Proctor
22 Feb 04, 22:27
Alright,

Here we go. This is another build of ATF with the issues KB raised resolved. You can get it at the same location:

http://www.prosimco.com/BETA_104/ATF_BETA_V104_take2.zip

Deltapooh
22 Feb 04, 23:32
DP,

When making maps, you need to load the scenario in the BCT Construction Set, and then save the maps using "Save As" from the "Map" menu. THIS is the file you will designate when indicating what BCT map you want to import.
Next, when using "DX Convert", make sure you are using the maps drawn by the ATF Power Toolkit, not the BCT Map image.
Make sure the ATF produced images are at 16 or 24 bit color depth.

Thanks for explaining that. Followed these directions and everything came out fine. :D

kbluck
24 Feb 04, 13:19
This is another build of ATF with the issues KB raised resolved.

I was wondering why the targets "charge" like that after taking a few hits. Is that expected behavior?

A few other, relatively minor bugs I've encountered previously. Most of these were documented in prior threads. Any prognosis?

1. Breacher ignores Engineer capability.
2. Minelayer with multiple minefields lays all at once.
3. Importing pKs sometimes doesn't stick unless you use "Save As" for vehicle file.
4. Deleting sounds can corrupt file unless you do it just so.
5. Editing the .dbs directly and saving often ends up with blank filenames. Only using "open" commands seems to work consistently.
6. In general, saving the database as a whole is risky. I have learned to always save the individual files instead.
7. Importing new database into scenario usually crashes builder.
8. Comma in names screws up pK export/import.
9. Slash, backslash, colon in name screws up Vehicle Help.

Thanks,

--- Kevin

kbluck
24 Feb 04, 14:20
Another thing I've been wondering about. I can't say whether there's a bug involved or not, since I don't know what the expected behavior is, but it still seems odd to me.

I've noticed that suppression resulting from direct fire never lasts very long. Whereas concentrated artillery can suppress for minutes at a time, direct fire rarely suppresses anything, regardless of protection level, for more than a second or two, even when a target is being hosed down by multiple attackers or being hit by "big guns". Since direct fire suppression therefore tends to "flash" on and off rather quickly, and since weapons can "insta-fire" if they are otherwise ready, it really seems to have little to no practical effect on the target's ability to shoot back. This is a big deal for infantry, since normally extensive suppression is required to close on the objective during the attack.

Is this the intended effect?

Thanks,

--- Kevin

CommC
24 Feb 04, 21:38
I have just downloaded and installed v1.04 from the ATF web page but when I go to run the power toolkit, it was not there. I am missing something?

Thanks.

Pat Proctor
24 Feb 04, 22:03
Apparently the file was corrupted during upload. Thanks for the catch. I have re-uploaded and downloaded and checked. Everything should be fine now. Let me know if you have more problems.

Scully
24 Feb 04, 23:27
Hey,

I know I'm a little slow sometimes...well, most of the time, but where can I download the update? I click the beta link above and I get nothing and when I go to the ProSim site I can't find it either. Though I do see the new demo there.

Help!!!

Brian

Pat Proctor
24 Feb 04, 23:34
www.prosimco.com/atf_upg_104.zip

Scully
24 Feb 04, 23:39
Thank you kind sir for the quick reply. I just downloaded and am getting ready to fire it up.

Brian