PDA

View Full Version : KBluck Database Workbook in works, but Q

Deltapooh
23 Jan 04, 18:23
I'm working on a Database Workbook for Kbluck's Modern Database. Once complete it could be almost 500pgs. I was wondering if people would like pictures of the vehicles and weapons?

Of course this will increase file size (hundreds of pics), but I was thinking about breaking the workbook down into smaller sections. These could then be linked using an index page in acrobat.

What you guys think?

Tip: I'm cheating on this one. I simply copied all the html files the game automatically creates and saves temporarily in the saved game folder. So you could do the same by starting a game, opening the specs on a vehicle, then going to C:\Program Files\Armored Task Force\Savegame and C&P files to a new folder. It even has its own index. The downsize is the amount of space this takes up. For example: KBluck's Modern Database is about 31mb.

XRAY
23 Jan 04, 19:56
Speechless, Has the Captain taken you on board yet?
Yourself and kbluck are one of ATF’s greatest unpaid assets.

In answer to your query, it would be great to have pictures of the vehicles and weapons?

Thanks guys

CPangracs
24 Jan 04, 00:27
I'm working on a Database Workbook for Kbluck's Modern Database. Once complete it could be almost 500pgs. I was wondering if people would like pictures of the vehicles and weapons?

Of course this will increase file size (hundreds of pics), but I was thinking about breaking the workbook down into smaller sections. These could then be linked using an index page in acrobat.

What you guys think?

Tip: I'm cheating on this one. I simply copied all the html files the game automatically creates and saves temporarily in the saved game folder. So you could do the same by starting a game, opening the specs on a vehicle, then going to C:\Program Files\Armored Task Force\Savegame and C&P files to a new folder. It even has its own index. The downsize is the amount of space this takes up. For example: KBluck's Modern Database is about 31mb.I am doing this for Raging Tiger, but I will probably use Adobe Acrobat to change into PDF, to save size! I will mess with it and let you know how it works!

In the mean time, here's an example of what can be done,...http://www.pangracs.com/RagingTiger/RTDATABASE/

Curt

Deltapooh
24 Jan 04, 10:09
Speechless, Has the Captain taken you on board yet?

Yes, but I had to turn down the offer for personal reasons (aka work). Besides, I am no where near as experienced in military operations as Cpt. Proctor, CPangracs, and Kbluck. They were probably well-developed tacticians long before I knew how to spell the word.

I have alot of confidence in where ProSim is going. To reach it's full potential, I think the company needs a very skilled professional team, which includes people like CPangracs, as well as a dedicated modding team, with people like myself and Kbluck. The pros develop the games and tools. The modders employ these to keep the community active between releases.

I am doing this for Raging Tiger, but I will probably use Adobe Acrobat to change into PDF, to save size! I will mess with it and let you know how it works!

In the mean time, here's an example of what can be done,...http://www.pangracs.com/RagingTiger/RTDATABASE/

I intend to use Adobe Acrobat as well. Besides cutting down file size, I prefer .pdf docs over any other format.

While I was interested in the vehicle list, what really caught my eye were the new features revealed in the specs. I like where Raging Tiger is going. :D :D

KG_Norad
24 Jan 04, 11:07
Curt/Deltapooh this stuff looks great! I too am very excited about the upcoming developments in the ATF world. Each of the new games sounds like it has something different to offer.

Delta. Pictures would be awesome if you could swing it. I always thought Tacops had an great vehicle database format.

Thank you, all of you who are contributing to the growth of this game!

Michael