PDA

View Full Version : AATF update

Dr Zaius
12 Jan 04, 00:34
Do we have a time frame when AATF is going to be released? Are there any other products going to be released in the near future?

Pat Proctor
12 Jan 04, 23:42
Do we have a time frame when AATF is going to be released? Are there any other products going to be released in the near future?

I'm glad you asked :nuts:

Right now, we have two games in production:

Raging Tiger: The Second Korean War
Thunder & Lightning: The Battles of Operation Desert Storm

These games are based on a heavily upgraded and modified version of the Armored Task Force engine. They will also be backwards compatible with ATF scenarios (meaning that all of the ATF scenarios-including custom scenarios-will run on them).

Also, and you are hearing it first (Shrapnel hasn't done a press release yet) we have one other game in production:

War in the Falklands

I will leave the details for the Shrapnel release, which is forthcoming.

Pat Proctor
12 Jan 04, 23:49
To answer your first question, we are also chugging along on Air Assault Task Force. As soon as initial coding is done on the aforementioned titles, and the respective project leads are handed the ball, we will focus full attention on this release.

But all of the stuff we are doing for these releases we are ALSO doing for AATF, so I do not want to create the impression that we AATF is placed on hold for them. Honestly, the majority of the changes in AATF are graphic and AI in nature (richer CAS model, richer Mission Set, richer AI scripts).

Actually, that doesn't really do justice to the quantum leap we plan for AATF, either. I think I should just shut up. :)