PDA

View Full Version : Updating Eckmuhl Scenarios

Panama Red
26 Sep 06, 18:43
I have noticed a number really good scenarios/campaigns that were made for the "Campaign Eckmuhl" 1.01a patch game.

What would it take to mod/upgrade these scenarios/campaigns to the current 1.09 patch ???

Sgt_Rock
26 Sep 06, 19:52
Well first tell me what has changed in them?

Who put them out?

Why wont they work with the current game?

Have you tried them out and they crash?

Different PDT Files will mean that they should be put out as a Expansion pack on this website.

Bill Peters
Eckmuhl Scenario Designer

AlAmos
26 Sep 06, 20:03
Bill,

He's talking about some of Stephane's work, or possibly old-what's-his-name's stuff, over in Paris. All the mods he accumulated about 6 years ago.

Panama Red
26 Sep 06, 22:12
AlAmos:
If you are talking about Cobexlaw, yes he is one of the people that I am talking about, but there is some other scenarios out there too.

Cobexlaw's site explicity states that his mods "will not work with Eckmuhl patch 1.02 or above, only the Eckmuhl 1.01a patch" and since the later Eckmuhl patches fixed a number of things, I would like to know what needs changing to get them to work with patch 1.09.

AlAmos
27 Sep 06, 00:54
Hey Panama Red,

John locked the maps after 1.01a patch. That's the big reason why most the mods out there won't work.

Stephane's work (Cobexlaw) is very good, and he's a fun guy. He had/has a 1806/07 Leipzig type battle that I played which was a blast. A very pretty map indeed.

JMB was the other gentleman I was thinking of. A lot of material there, and I'll leave it at that. :halo:

Panama Red
27 Sep 06, 09:00
AlAmos:
Thanks for the reply. When you think about it, that would make sense why John would lock the map. If he had not locked the map then the modding community would have made all the maps and scenarios for all the other Napoleonic battles/campaigns. That in turn would have cut into his business and then John would not have any more Napoleonic scenarios/games to sell because the community would have made them all.;)

A question though, I get the impression that there are some updated Coblexlaw scenarios (beyond what he has posted on his site), do you know where I can find them ???:confused:

Thanks

AlAmos
27 Sep 06, 10:14
Hadn't heard about those.

STEPHANE! HEY STEPHANE!

Have you been makin' more scenarii? hehehe...

Drop me a line, msr. :laugh:

Panama Red
27 Sep 06, 11:45
AlAmos:
Coblexlaw did not say that he had made more scenarios, he just said that there were updated scenarios. To quote what he told me when I asked him if these scenarios only work with the 1.01a patch or the updated 1.09 patch, he said: "1.01a only, more advanced versions exist".

This is why I asked what it would take to upgrade his scenarios to the 1.09 patch since he has appearently managed to upgrade something from his orginal posted scenarios on his site and I would like to upgrade too.

Sgt_Rock
27 Sep 06, 20:52
I am of the mind that AFTER we finish the entire campaigns of Napoleon that unlocking the maps so these kind of scenarios could be played would be fine with me.

However, its John Tiller and Rich Hamilton's decision in the long run (and Rich will say mainly John I am sure). We have also kicked around the idea of putting the map editor in the games too.

All of what you mentioned is valid. It hurts gamers to not be able to play these add ons in the updated game engine but it would probably hurt sales too.

All very valid and much discussed points.

I enjoyed Sid Meier's Gettysburg (alot). But it didnt have a map editor either. Age of Rifles did but ... well if we had put out a game like that .... you would have a game that would be pretty off of the shelves ... just like Age of Rifles. Is it still being played? Yes. But by how many people? And it is no longer being sold.

Face it the consumer wants it all for free ... that is of course the goal of a consumer ... to save MUCH money.

I think that Rich's 5 for 3 deal helps folks realize that we understand and want to help them out.

Meanwhile, in my next title you will get over 400 scenarios, a huge map that no outside designer could want to put together (cause I must be insane to have done it) even if he had our map editor, three campaigns and a partridge in a pear tree! :smoke: :p

AlAmos
27 Sep 06, 22:53
"...a pear tree!"

Would that be Bartlett, Bosc or D’Anjou?

Panama Red
06 Oct 06, 14:47
Sgt_Rock:
Now I usedstand what you ment when you said "Meanwhile, in my next title you will get over 400 scenarios, a huge map that no outside designer could want to put together (cause I must be insane to have done it) even if he had our map editor, three campaigns and a partridge in a pear tree!"

I already placed my order this morning and look forward to all your hard work.:toast: :hurray: :clap:

Sgt_Rock
06 Oct 06, 17:27
Yeah, I must have been nuts to put that huge map together ...

But we have had TONS of fun with it in playtesting.

I am from the Western USA. I love LOTS of open space!:laugh:

SLudwig
21 Oct 06, 13:34
Actually tinkering with MODS on the side, yes it is possible to raise an old 1.01a Mod to the current 1.09 level. I did a rough take of it about a month ago or so. Lots of work, but some things still come out rough and need to be worked on.

cobexlaw
23 Aug 07, 17:04
Well. I did not write that exactly, in the meantime you may get some other mods there :
http://www.grimdahl.net/Downloadcenter/Sites/Downloads.htm

AlAmos:
Coblexlaw did not say that he had made more scenarios, he just said that there were updated scenarios. To quote what he told me when I asked him if these scenarios only work with the 1.01a patch or the updated 1.09 patch, he said: "1.01a only, more advanced versions exist".

This is why I asked what it would take to upgrade his scenarios to the 1.09 patch since he has appearently managed to upgrade something from his orginal posted scenarios on his site and I would like to upgrade too.