PDA

View Full Version : ATF Upgrade 103

John Osborne
29 Nov 03, 11:47
I have a questions that has been at the back of my head for some time now. I've been busy with the Stryker units. But there is a zip file labled Armore01. What is it and where does the info get zip too? Does it all go into the Data Folder?

Probably a dumb question but I have to ask :nuts:

---John

Pat Proctor
29 Nov 03, 11:57
Huh?

I do not know what the file "Armore01" is. Perhaps it was unintentionally included in one of the custom scenarios posted here or at shrapnel. It is not part of ATF. Deleting it should have no effect on the game or any of the scenarios.

When you edit the database, it effects the following files:

weapon list (.wep)
vehicle list (.veh)
piece list (.pcs?)
sound list (.smg)
database object (.dbs)

John Osborne
29 Nov 03, 12:07
Huh?

I do not know what the file "Armore01" is. Perhaps it was unintentionally included in one of the custom scenarios posted here or at shrapnel. It is not part of ATF. Deleting it should have no effect on the game or any of the scenarios.

When you edit the database, it effects the following files:

weapon list (.wep)
vehicle list (.veh)
piece list (.pcs?)
sound list (.smg)
database object (.dbs)

The zip file came from ProSim.com under downloads when I got the upgrade zip file. I just notice also that it is in the ATF upgrade 101 file.

I had to look again and the zip file in the zip ATF Upgrade 103 is labled Armore01.cab I didn't open the Armore01.cab

Just wanted to know what it is :D and if it needs to be unzip.

---John

Pat Proctor
29 Nov 03, 12:18
It can be deleted. It is part of the installer program that installs the upgrade. Once you install the upgrade (running setup.exe), the files are no longer used.

For future reference, you can save a little disk space and confusion by saving these files to a temporary directory after extracting them, running the setup program, and then deleting them.

John Osborne
29 Nov 03, 12:30
Ok, Thanks :D

I'm working on the Stryker data and I have alot of questions to ask. But will be posted under ATF Power Tool Kit :D

---John