PDA

View Full Version : Ever think it was just not meant to be...

Scully
29 Nov 03, 02:29
Despite my best efforts, I have still not won the Death Valley Attack scenario and tonight I just needed to kill one more stinkin' MBT-80 to clear the objective and win.

A couple of crazy things happened that caused me to run out of ammo for the kill:

-One of my M1A2 fired 15 shots...at least 15 that I counted...at one dug in MBT before running out of ammo. I didn't even kill the bastard until I brought up one of my Javelin teams. It took the Javelin two shots. Go figure. :)
-One M1A2 literally drove over a dug-in AT-5 without firing a shot. Once it passed, the AT-5 kindly blew the snot out of me.
-My last hope, a Javelin team, had all three missiles left for two vehicles. A BMP-2 (not dug-in) and the MBT. It took all three Javelin shots to kill the BMP. How do you miss a stationary, not dug-in BMP with two Javelin shots from well within range.
-Finally, I expended all my PGM artillery on the one MBT with no success. It was far too many rounds (and I was far too tired) to count, but I'm assuming PGM doesn't work too well without someone designating the target.

So as I go to bed, I just gotta believe sometimes it's just not meant to be. :cry: At least I get to come back again tomorrow. :D

Take care,
Brian

Pat Proctor
29 Nov 03, 12:53
Sometimes you get the bear...

Scully
30 Nov 03, 16:51
Finally, after about 20 attempts at DV Attack I've won!!! :D Happy Holiday's.

Brian

KG_Norad
30 Nov 03, 17:38
Perhaps after all the holiday "fun" all the OPFOR units wore a relative's face, spurring you on to great and mighty deeds?

You should invite the family over more often...just before playing!:p

Happy Holidays, and Congratulations!
Michael:D

kbluck
01 Dec 03, 12:39
Finally, after about 20 attempts at DV Attack I've won!!! Happy Holiday's.

Congratulations!

Hey, now try my version of DVA. It's familiar but different. I'd be interested to hear your opinions on how the two play by comparison.

http://www.wargames.warfarehq.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201

Regards,

--- Kevin

Scully
01 Dec 03, 14:40
Congratulations!

Hey, now try my version of DVA. It's familiar but different. I'd be interested to hear your opinions on how the two play by comparison.

http://www.wargames.warfarehq.com/forums/showthread.php?t=201

Sounds good. I'll give it a try. But I'm going to hold you responsible for all the pain and suffering it may cause me! :D

Take care,
Brian