PDA

View Full Version : 3D Normal

ezjax
30 Aug 06, 11:59
Working on a Waterloo Units Graphics update for 3D Normal view. Here's a sneak peek at some French Artillery. Work in progress.

http://img242.imageshack.us/img242/7684/artilleryks8.gif http://img167.imageshack.us/img167/2605/artillery1xl5.gif
British
http://img67.imageshack.us/img67/8680/artillery2ze1.gif

Hattrick
31 Aug 06, 00:16
Nice work!!!!! :shock:

Do you intend to do all the units in the game like that?

How long did it take you to do that?

I scaled all my units down to a realistic level and that is still a work in progress.

How much do you have done so far?

How long do you think it will take you before you are finished?

Im done!

Uffz_Feuerhake
31 Aug 06, 13:21
Hi there,

it is really a great work!!!!!!!
I hope to see the results of other / all units :o

My suggestion: Please try to use bronze-colored barrels for the guns. This would be more historic correct for the napoleonic artillery.
Black gun barrels were used f.e. on ships against saltwater....

Greetings from Germany

Andreas

ezjax
31 Aug 06, 17:38
Nice work!!!!! :shock:

Do you intend to do all the units in the game like that?

How long did it take you to do that?

I scaled all my units down to a realistic level and that is still a work in progress.

How much do you have done so far?

How long do you think it will take you before you are finished?

Im done!
Hello
Yes all 3D100.bmp’s will be repainted, then I’ll work on the 3D50.bmp’s.
I am still in the painting stage, only painting 1 guy of each view per unit, and after I’m happy with the way they look I’ll then cut and paste and grow each line and column per unit. I think it should be done 2-3 weeks maybe sooner. I don’t have any reference books to work by so I’m using the InterNet to get my information from. JCminiatures (http://jcminiatures.blogspot.com) Has an excellent site that I use as a working block.

I have found some minor mapping problems with some of the units, such as one Prussian Guard Unit uses the same graphic as a Landwehr Unit. Also all Prussian Foot and some Light Artillery Units use the same graphic as the Brunswick Foot Battery Unit, which doesn’t make since to me because I found there are actually 3 graphic artillery lines not being used at all (6, 11, and 15). There’s more but I will deal with them somehow. Later

ezjax
31 Aug 06, 17:49
Hi there,

it is really a great work!!!!!!!
I hope to see the results of other / all units :o

My suggestion: Please try to use bronze-colored barrels for the guns. This would be more historic correct for the napoleonic artillery.
Black gun barrels were used f.e. on ships against saltwater....

Greetings from Germany

Andreas
Hello
Yes, I tried that but the colors gold, and silver are hard 2 make look real and don’t blend well with the overall map colors. Gold or bronze tends 2 look brown or orange. I will keep a open mind on trying to make that work. Below was a sad attempt at doing just that.
http://img312.imageshack.us/img312/7715/bronzexv8.gif

Uffz_Feuerhake
02 Sep 06, 10:01
Hi again,

thanks for your answer and examples.

Maybe there will be a solution with some brown and dark gold in combination ?

Your Prussians: I REALLY LIKE THEM ! :D
On the left I see three silesian musketiers (below a NCO with a golden line around his Tschako in parade style -without a rain cover -) and on the right I can see Landwehr with the color of Kurmark.
I hope to see some more of your excellent examples when the time is coming.....

If you want to use some variants you can paint the black gaiters of the Prussian Infantry OVER their grey or white trousers too.

Please don't think I am Mr. Know-It-All: Please don't paint the white "hip girdle", this is older parade style for the Line Units.
On campaign were only the known two white belts (like a X) for sword and cartridge box (and some other unregular accessories) in use.

Please have a look on my attachment :rolleyes:

Greetings from Germany

Andreas

Uffz_Feuerhake
02 Sep 06, 19:10
Hi there,

I will give you support:

The best - english written- internet-information-source, especially for Prussia, is with support of some german historicans:
http://web2.airmail.net/napoleon/

I have created for our HPS-Game the complete Prussian Army of 1815 with support of very historical sources:

http://www.strategyzoneonline.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1209

http://www.strategyzoneonline.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1210

http://www.strategyzoneonline.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1211

http://www.strategyzoneonline.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1212

because the original pictures are really ridiculous....Actually it is an insolence to offer such a unhistoric collection in the original game.

Please have a look see the differences between the Prussian Infantry, Cavalry and Artillery Units in a uniform-mixture of regular Line-, regular Light- (Fusiliers), regular Landwehr-, regular (completely grey uniformed in prussian style or equipped with english !!! uniforms...) Reserve-Units (of 1813-1815...) with different Tschakos and different colors, German (former french) units in white (french) uniforms, German (former German-Russian-Legion) units in green (russian) uniforms or the green Jaeger-Units of some Infantry- and Cavalry- Regiments.....and so on. :( :nuts:

Maybe it is "hair-splitting", but the position of an artillery-soldier with the wooden ramming-stick (don't know the correct english word now....) should be on the right side of a gun....always and in every nation.
This was specified in the artillery reglements of these times.

Please do not despair :shy:

Please ask if you have questions about the uniforms of Prussia. I am interested on historic correct 3D-Icons of all nations for our game.

Greetings from

Andreas

Uffz_Feuerhake
03 Sep 06, 05:42
Hi there again,

your artillery example is lovely... I think it is really a good work....and the position with the rammer is correct ..... cooool.:halo:

But....yes, yes, there is always a BUT :hush: in my replies:.....sorry for that :cheeky:

Please have a look to the carriage of the guns:

Your shown carriage example is a typical british construction with a single pole trail and it is different to the Prussian carriage.

These following examples are only from a HaT-Toysoldier-Website, but it shows the carriage problem more detailed:

Bristish Artillery:
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.asp?manu=ACT&code=64

Netherland Artillery
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.asp?manu=WAT&code=009

and now the Prussian Artillery (By the way and for example: the French and Prussian (and 99 % of the other involved nations...) gun carriage with the famous Gribeauval system were very similar ):

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.asp?manu=HaT&code=8007
The color of Prussian carriages was in a deeper blue than the Bristish.

and the French Artillery: (very nice!!)
http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/Review.asp?manu=ZVE&code=8028

I have seen your French examples, maybe you can use the French carriage as a basic model for the Prussian carriage ??:hmmm:

Hope to read from you :horse:

Andreas

P.S. Here is a link with a nice collection of artillery pics....
http://www.legere.co.uk/artillery.htm

Uffz_Feuerhake
03 Sep 06, 10:13
P.P.S.

Pic of Prussian Light Units:

The crossbelts of the Light Units like the third battaillon of a Line-Regiment ( the Füsilier Bat.) or the Jäger Units were black.

Exception was the third Bat. of the Landwehr Regiments. They had white crossbelts.
1815 Fdm. Blücher ordered every Landwehr Regiment to "choose" a Light Bat. from the three Bats.
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: :upset: ___________:horse:

A.

ezjax
03 Sep 06, 21:35
Test sample of some Hanoverians 5 per stand and some British Grd 6 per Stand.

http://img107.imageshack.us/img107/8498/3d100cbr1al7.gif http://img97.imageshack.us/img97/6306/3d100cbr2ep6.gif

Uffz_Feuerhake
04 Sep 06, 13:15
Hi EZJAX,

your examples are really good. The "6 per stand"-solution is looking more powerful and symbolizes the great firepower of a line....maybe it is the individual matter of taste, but I like it very much.
Well done !!!! :thumup:

The color of the Prussian guns is perfect :)
Of course it is impossible to discuss about every shade of the colors.
I have took over the color in my uniform-collection from some museumpics with original prussian vehicles.

Greetings from Germany

Andreas

http://www.5-preussische-brigade.de/ :salute:

ezjax
04 Sep 06, 23:43
The crossbelts of the Light Units like the third battaillon of a Line-Regiment ( the Füsilier Bat.) or the Jäger Units were black.

I changed all the belts to black and gave 1 ldw unit white paints, similar to the example you gave me earlier, and maybe I will try next 2 put back packs on the Inf. units like I did below and then they will be done. Hopefully, Later

http://img152.imageshack.us/img152/4513/3d100cbr3wy3.gif

Uffz_Feuerhake
05 Sep 06, 10:25
Hi there,

your examples of the British are really cool again with their back packs.

Maybe it could be a little tricky to paint a back pack UNDER the rolled greatcoat of the Prussians. British and French army greatcoats of this period were cut differently from the Prussian ones, their circumference at the bottom being much smaller...so it was impossible to carry them rolled over the left shoulder and over the back pack.

I have good and historical sources about the uniforms of the other Nations which were involved in the Waterloo-Campaign.
So whats about your Brunswickers, Nassauers, Netherlands, Belgians etc?
Do you have some examples of them ?:shy:
What is your plan?

Greetings

Andreas

AlAmos
05 Sep 06, 19:56
Ezjax,

I've been following your progress, and am duely impressed. I like the 6-man English line, and I like the backpacks.

Please post your final efforts for people like me to download. I do want to improve the looks of my battles.

ezjax
05 Sep 06, 20:05
Ezjax,

I've been following your progress, and am duely impressed. I like the 6-man English line, and I like the backpacks.
Please post your final efforts for people like me to download. I do want to improve the looks of my battles.

Getting real close on finishing Inf Plate, I'll post download link when done. :hush: :lier:

Uffz_Feuerhake
06 Sep 06, 14:56
Hi there,

The circumstance about red or green uniforms is depending on the former duty as a Light or Line Battalion. 1814 or 1815 some of the old Light Bat. were transformed to "Field Bats." without changing the uniforms.

I will give you some support with a interesting source:

This should be the Hannovrian Part of the Allied Army 1815 (without the KGL with hannovrien origin):
(...)
1. Hann. Brigade Kielmannsegge (Starts at 4.40 p.m.; comes from the west, direction Nivelles)
•The Duke of Yorks 1st Field Battalion: 632
•Field Battalion Grubenhagen: 643
•Field Battalion Bremen: 533
•Field Battalion Verden: 559
•Field Battalion Lüneburg: 617
•Kielmannsegge's Feldjäger Korps: 331
(...)
6. Inf. Division Cole
4. hannoverian Brigade Best (Starts at 3 pm; comes from the N, direction Brussels)
•Militia (Landwehr) Battalion Verden: 642
•Militia (Landwehr) Battalion Lüneburg: 647
•Militia (Landwehr) Battalion Münden: 680
•Militia (Landwehr) Battalion Osterode: 700
Artillery (detached from 4. Inf. Division Colville)
•Hann. Foot Battery Rettberg (Part A): 1 x 9 p. canon, 1 x 5 ½ inch howitzer
•Hann. Foot Battery Rettberg (Part B): 4 x 9 p. canon

And now the history of these Regiments with the discription of the uniforms:

Hanoverian Light Battalions: 1813 - 1815
By Ron McGuigan

Hannoverian Light Infantryman
1813 - 1815

In February 1814, the independent battalions were regimented in 10 regiments of one Field Battalion and three Landwehr Battalions. However, they continued to act independently similar to the British manner. The Field Battalions were to be of 8 companies. In 1814, this was reduced to 6 companies and later to 4 companies. According to Sichart, the uniforms were based upon the King's German Legion with the Light Battalions and Jaegers in green and the others in red.

Light Field Battalion Luneburg

Light Field Battalion Luneburg was raised in 1813. By June, it was commanded by Lieutenant Colonel August von Klencke. It served in a Light Brigade with Count von Walmoden-Gimborn's Corps in 1813/14 in the campaign against Hamburg [April and May], in Mecklenburg [June to November] and saw action at The battle of the Gohrde [16 September 1813], in Holstein [December-January 1814], Blockade of Harburg [January-March]. It was stationed in the Netherlands 1814/1815 as part of the Hanoverian Subsidiary Corps, in the 2nd Light Brigade of the Light Division. At Waterloo, it was in the 1st Hanoverian Brigade. It was in France 1816-1818, in the First Brigade of the Hanoverian Corps of the Occupation Army. In 1814, it became the Field Battalion of the Luneburg Regiment. In the reorganization of the Hanoverian Army in 1816, it became the 1st Battalion [Luneburg Light Battalion] of the Luneburg Infantry Regiment.

Its uniform was based upon the uniform of the Light Battalions of the King's German Legion: green jackets faced black with grey trousers.

Light Field Battalion Bremen-Verden

Light Field Battalion Bremen-Verden was raised in 1813 under Major Alexander de Vaux. In 1814 it was renamed the Field Battalion Bremen. It served in a Light Brigade with Count von Walmoden-Gimborn's Corps in 1813/14 in the campaign against Hamburg [April and May], in Mecklenburg [June to November] and saw action at The battle of the Gohrde [16 September 1813], in Holstein [December-January 1814], Blockade of Harburg [January-March]. It was stationed in the Netherlands 1814/1815 as part of the Hanoverian Subsidiary Corps, in the 1st Light Brigade of the Light Division. At Waterloo, it was in the 1st Hanoverian Brigade. It was in France 1816-1818, in the Second Brigade of the Hanoverian Corps of the Occupation Army.

In 1814 it became the Field Battalion of the Bremen Regiment. In the reorganization of the Hanoverian Army in 1816, it became the 1st Battalion of the Bremen Infantry Regiment.

[B]Different sources disagree concerning its uniform. Haythornthwaite shows red jackets faced dark blue or black with some Light infantry details. Hofschröer says green jackets faced black with very dark blue trousers giving way later to red jackets faced black and dark blue trousers, but, Colonel Hugh Halkett says at Waterloo they were wearing green jackets with dark blue trousers.

Light Field Battalion Grubenhagen

Light Field Battalion Grubenhagen was raised in 1813 as the Harzer Schutzen [Sharpshooters] by Lieutenanty Colonel Carl von Beaulieu. By April 1814 it was known as Grubenhagen. It served in a Line Brigade with Count von Walmoden-Gimborn's Corps in 1814 at the blockade of Harburg [January-March]. It was stationed in the Netherlands 1814/1815 as part of the Hanoverian Subsidiary Corps, in the 1st Light Brigade of the Light Division. At Waterloo, it was in the 1st Hanoverian Brigade. It was in France 1816-1818, in the First Brigade of the Hanoverian Corps of the Occupation Army.

In 1814 it became the Field Battalion of the Grubenhagen Regiment. In the reorganization of the Hanoverian Army in 1816, it became the 1st Battalion [Hoya Light Battalion] of the Hoya Infantry Regiment.

Its uniform was green jackets faced black and grey trousers.

Light Field Battalion Osnabruck

Light Field Battalion Osnabruck was raised in 1813/14 by Captain Heinrich von Anderten. In September 1814 it was renamed Field Battalion Duke of York [sometimes referred to as 1st Duke of York] It served in a Light Brigade with Count von Walmoden-Gimborn's Corps in 1814 at the blockade of Harburg [January-March]. It was stationed in the Netherlands 1814/1815 as part of the Hanoverian Subsidiary Corps, in the 1st Light Brigade of the Light Division. At Waterloo, it was in the 1st Hanoverian Brigade. It was in France 1816-1818, in the First Brigade of the Hanoverian Corps of the Occupation Army.

In 1814 it became the Field Battalion of the Osnabruck Regiment (also referred to as Duke of York's). In the reorganization of the Hanoverian Army in 1816, it became the 1st Battalion [Osnabruck Light Battalion] of the Osnabruck Infantry Regiment Duke of York.

I have no details of its uniform. Sichart states that the uniforms of the 5 Light Battalions were based upon the unifoms of the King's German Legion and they wore green jackets.

Light Field Battalion Calenberg

Light Field Battalion Calenberg was raised in the winter of 1813/1814 by Colonel Hartwig Hedemann. There is growing evidence that this battalion did not remain a Light Battalion. It was not assigned to the Light Division of the Subsidiary Corps and in June of 1815, Wellington wanted the 6th Hanoverian Brigade to have some Light Troops and transferred the Field Battalion Luneburg to it in July. According to a source, it had a colour which would be unusual for a light battalion. I can find no reference as to when a change in its role may have occurred. It was stationed in the Netherlands 1814/1815 as part of the Hanoverian Subsidiary Corps, in the 6th Brigade of the 3rd Division. At Waterloo, it was in the 6th Hanoverian Brigade. It was in France 1816-1818, in the Second Brigade of the Hanoverian Corps of the Occupation Army.

In 1814 it became the Field Battalion of the Calenberg Regiment. In the reorganization of the Hanoverian Army in 1816, it became the 1st Battalion [Verden Grenadier Battalion] of the Verden Infantry Regiment.

Its uniform, according to Hofschröer, was red jacket faced dark blue and grey trousers.

Field Jaeger Corps

Field Jaeger Corps was raised in 1813 of two and later 4 companies. Later under Colonel Friedrich, Count von Kielmansegge, it became known as the Kielmansegge Jaegers. It served with Count von Walmoden-Gimborn's Corps in 1813/14 in the campaign against Hamburg [April and May], in Mecklenburg [June to November and saw action at the battle of the Gohrde [16 September1813], in Holstein [December-January 1814], Blockade of Harburg [January-March], campaign in the Netherlands [March-April]. In 1814 it became the Field Battalion of the Gottingen Regiment. It was disbanded in September 1814 at Hameln. In April 1815, it was reformed as two companies under Major August von Sporken. At Waterloo, it was in the 1st Hanoverian Brigade.

In the reorganization of the Hanoverian Army in 1816, it remained the Field Jaeger Corps.

Its uniform, according to Hofschröer, was green jacket, grey trousers and a field cap similar to the Prussian type.

Infos about the Landwehr Battalions (Militia) of Hannover I have only :blab: :

Red (english) uniforms with....

Lw Bat. Verden: Dark blue facings
Lw Bat. Osterode: Light green facings

Maybe I will find some more Infos about that....

Tomorrow I will have time to send you some infos baout the French Guards;)

Greeting

Andreas

Uffz_Feuerhake
07 Sep 06, 13:34
Hello again,

Well, I would not like to give imprecise data! :lier:

Ok, maybe it would be possible to make only two variations of the hannovrien Landwehr, because there were only two different colors of the Landwehr facings: dark blue AND light-yellow. This would be very historical indeed :D

I am not happy with all of my incompletely data...so try this: :nuts: :hush:

These datas were collected from the british Captain Siborn, he was 1830 - 1840 in corrospondation with the soldiers of the Waterloo Campaign.
His book "The History of the War in France and Belgium" / London 1844:

The results:

color of____________jacket____facings____trouser______le atherbelts

2. Division
3. Brigade Ob. Halkett

Lw. Bn.Osnabrück___red______dark-blue___grey_______white
Lw. Bn.Quakenbrück_red______dark blue___grey________black
Lw. Bn. Salzgitter___red______dark blue___grey________white
Lw. Bn. Bremervörde_red______dark blue___grey________white

3. Division
1.Brigade Gen.-Maj. Kielmannsegge

Fd. Bn.Lüneburg____green___black_______green_______ black
Fd. Bn.Duke of York_red_____dark-blue____grey________white
Fd. Bn. Grubenhagen_red____dark-green___grey________black
Fd. Bn. Verden______red____light green___grey________white
Fd. Bn. Bremen______red____black_______dark blue_____black
Kielmannsegge’s
Jäger Korps_________green__light-green___grey________black

5. Division
5. Brigade Gen.-Maj. v. Vincke

Lw. Bn. Hameln_____red____dark-blue___grey_________white
Lw. Bn. Giffhorn____ red____dark blue___grey_________white
Lw. Bn. Hildesheim__red____ light yellow__grey_________white
Lw. Bn. Peine______red____ light yellow__grey_________white

Reserve
4. Brigade Ob. Best

Lw. Bn. Lüneburg___red____dark blue_____grey________white
Lw. Bn. Osterode___red____dark blue_____grey________white
Lw. Bn. Verden_____red____dark blue_____grey________white
Lw. Bn. Münden____red____ dark blue_____grey________white

Sorry for the abundance of informations :hush: Good luck with it :D

It is possible to change the numbers of the 3D-Figures, so you can add an delete some of them...of course that means a change of the 3D-coordinates in the files....

The info about Napoleons Guard will follow....

Greetings from Germany

Andreas

Uffz_Feuerhake
07 Sep 06, 14:24
Hi there,

try this link to find some examples of the French Guard units with their different Tschako etc.

http://napoleonuniforme.free.fr/france/Garde/ :smoke:

Greetings

Andreas

Glyn
08 Sep 06, 05:56
Wow very nice...Can't wait to see the whole set. Superb work !!:)

Uffz_Feuerhake
08 Sep 06, 11:45
Hi there,

a very good impression of the new thin red lines !!!!! :D :D

Artillery carriage: Sorry, I dont understand the intention of your question.
Do you need infos about the color, the type .... of which nation? :hmmm:

If you are not sure: use the English gun carriage for the British, Hannovrian and Brunswicker Artillery. And the French carriage model for the big rest.
Is this your problem??
:stirthepot:

Some links:

http://www.wtj.com/articles/napart/

http://www.legere.co.uk/artillery.htm

http://www.plasticsoldierreview.com/PeriodNapoleonic.html
(Toypictures, but correct and historic modell....)

A very good pic source for historical carriages of many nations:
http://www.finescalefactory.de/shopfsf/index.htm
Under "Napoleonische Epoche" you will find a lot of painted (Tin-) carriages. They are really historic.

Uffz_Feuerhake
09 Sep 06, 16:02
Hi there again,

this example shows all attributes of the uniform very good, BUT :rolleyes: ...sorry, please try to paint the shoulderstraps a little bit minimized. (please have a look to the attachement)

And there is a problem with the prussian shako:
Under the raincover is the line on the shako always white for the soldiers for every (red/yellow/white....-colored) regiment.
It is golden only for NCOs ....
So it would be wrong to paint it golden for the whole Line.

The raincover for a shako was only black, but if you want to paint the shakos without this raincover, you should paint the black/white shako-plume too and a golden sign in front of the shako.
This is importent for every nation with a few colors for the shako-plumes and golden or silver shako-plates or signs.

What do you think about my suggestion about the way of painting a shako?

Of course it is easier to paint them with a black raincover :o
There is no hurry....

Greetings from

Andreas

ezjax
16 Sep 06, 18:53
http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/1632/waterloo1kp6.gif

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/3298/waterloo2yx4.gif

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/8857/waterloo3gb8.gif

http://img170.imageshack.us/img170/4181/waterloo4bm5.gif

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/8250/waterloo5ov6.gif

Uffz_Feuerhake
17 Sep 06, 04:50
Damn good !!!!!

Great work..... I love it !:D ;)

ezjax
19 Sep 06, 23:25
http://img245.imageshack.us/img245/4789/waterloo7lv9.gif

http://img153.imageshack.us/img153/2204/waterloo6jk0.gif

http://img228.imageshack.us/img228/8665/waterloo8df0.gif

http://img99.imageshack.us/img99/662/waterloo9pk4.gif

http://img207.imageshack.us/img207/9025/waterloo16ye7.gif

If anybody is interested I will put out a limited release of this Mod on Friday or Saturday. It will contain all the Updated 3D100 Units files. All the units will be painted, some will still need to have some minor corrections done to them but those will be done later on final release.

Panama Red
20 Sep 06, 13:01
I am most definately looking forward to your new and improved 3D figures and thanks for the effort in accomplishing this.:) :) :)

Uffz_Feuerhake
21 Sep 06, 14:10
Hi there again,

perhaps you can use these new and historical correct uniforms for an update of your old (:bite: :blab: ---->)Unit.bmp

http://www.strategyzoneonline.com/forums/downloads.php?do=file&id=1249

Greetings from Germany

Andreas

I think, the next Unit-addition will be the Hannover Army ....;)

ezjax
23 Sep 06, 16:21
Uffz_Feuerhake

I have not forgotten about you, your pussians have been changed, in ver1.1

http://img159.imageshack.us/img159/4793/waterloo13um0.gif

http://img244.imageshack.us/img244/3928/waterloo14kz6.gif

Uffz_Feuerhake
25 Sep 06, 13:04
Well done :D
It looks very good and detailed.

I see some Prussian Officers, Line, some Landwehr, some Jäger-formations and Skirmisher....
and some Brunswick Artillery.....coooool !:o :o

The British are very good indeed !

Thanks a lot !!

Greetings from Germany

Andreas

ezjax
27 Sep 06, 21:48
Well done :D
It looks very good and detailed.

I see some Prussian Officers, Line, some Landwehr, some Jäger-formations and Skirmisher....
and some Brunswick Artillery.....coooool !:o :o

The British are very good indeed !

Thanks a lot !!
Greetings from Germany
Andreas

Hello
Thanks for your help on this Mod it did help me. I have only had this game for about 3 months now, and it is my first HPS Game, so I’m still learning what makes it tick.

I have found out that you can add more unit type 3D graphics but you have to modify the Order of Battle (OOB) file the scenario is using in order for the graphic to show up. So I was able to add a Portuguese 3D100 Artillery Battery and fix the Prussian units from grabbing the Brunswick Artillery graphic for its Artillery and added more Cavalry unit graphics. The next thing I need to figure out is how this effects someone playing a online or PBEM Game. If I change the OOB only by what 3D graphic its told to show in the 3D Map would it conflict with someone who doesn’t have that same Modified OOB?

Anyway for anybody that has been reading this thread I have temporally removed this Mod from the down load area till I gather more information about this game. It was intended only to be limited Mod to see if anybody was interested in improving the 3D graphics for this Game. Nobody said it sucked after they downloaded it so who knows I guess they use 2D. I also did not like that I had to break it up in three parts just to get loaded in the download section of Strategy Zone.

See Ya Later

Got a laugh out of this guy running away.:laugh:

http://img226.imageshack.us/img226/7906/waterloo19qp3.gif

ezjax
11 Oct 06, 22:04
This should be my last post to this thread, but I just wanted to say the Link to Waterloo 3DMod will be back up by the end of this week. It will include all the 3D100, 3D50 files.

http://img291.imageshack.us/img291/7613/waterloo27fx2.gif

Panama Red
12 Oct 06, 08:03
Thank you, I have enjoyed your 3DUnits100 and look forward to the complete set.:clap:

ezjax
13 Oct 06, 06:33
Thank you, I have enjoyed your 3DUnits100 and look forward to the complete set.:clap:

Ha, I think you maybe the only one using it, does not seem to be much Mod interest at this site.
You can find the full mod here at http://ezjax.zoomshare.com/files/Downloads/HPSWaterloo3DMOD.zip (http://ezjax.zoomshare.com/files/Downloads/HPSWaterloo3DMOD.zip) This Web-Site is a free one so download may be Slow. Strategyzoneonline does not support files over 2MB so I had to put it somewhere. Unzip file to C:\Program Files\HPS Simulations\Campaign Waterloo. All files will go where they need too.

TheCapt
13 Oct 06, 10:02
just to let you know ezjax there are 2 people using your mod :laugh: .........they are great...tks for your effort!

Panama Red
13 Oct 06, 10:17
ezjax:
Thank you for your great mod.

I also noticed that you (1) "fixed" the canon barrels and (2) had to "fix" the .oob's so there would be no overlap of the 3DUnits skins.

Your mod download quite fast, so no problems.:clap: :clap: :clap:

Uffz_Feuerhake
13 Oct 06, 13:51
Ezjax:

Hurraaaa! :D

This is a very good work. Thanks a lot !
I will try to use it in my current games ;)

About: "....Ha, I think you maybe the only one using it, does not seem to be much Mod interest at this site. "....

Most of the people are only limited interested in special Mods, because they do not have a historic knowledge.
Therefore they do not recognize a large difference between multicolored chessmen or your Mod.....:bite: :blab:

So your work is only for a small group of enthusiasts .... like me or a handful other members. Don't give up ....

Greetings from Germany

Andreas

AlAmos
26 Oct 06, 21:52
Ezjax.

Finally had a chance to download your work. Very, very good. It is nice to see French limber riders in the proper uniform.

I like the increased number of men in line.

I hope you will consider doing the same effort for Eckmuhl/Wagram/Jena/Russian Campaign.

No rush of course. ;)