PDA

View Full Version : Africa at War Mod

Mini-Me
18 Jul 06, 14:28
I tried to download this from the TF Echo 4 site on Wargamer, and it wouldn't go. Something about a corrupt zip I think.

Has anybody else run into this? I really want to get this mod, but I don't want to crater my machine in order to do it.

Joao Lima
18 Jul 06, 16:58
It worked fine on my side. Which file was corrupt?

Mini-Me
18 Jul 06, 19:07
It was the main file. The 32 megabyte one. I couldn't extract the files from the zip folder. I tried saving to a CD and to the hard drive itself, but no luck.

rahamy
19 Jul 06, 07:19
Try grabbing it from here...not sure if this is as current as on the one on the Wargamer, but its the mirror I set up a couple years ago when it came out:

http://www.hist-sdc.com/aaw/africawar.zip

RedMike
24 Jul 06, 00:23
I tried to download this from the TF Echo 4 site on Wargamer, and it wouldn't go. Something about a corrupt zip I think.

Has anybody else run into this? I really want to get this mod, but I don't want to crater my machine in order to do it.

I will look into it! Which file is it EXACTLY? The self-extracting version or the do-it-yourself zip version??

RedMike...out

Mini-Me
24 Jul 06, 06:34
I will look into it! Which file is it EXACTLY? The self-extracting version or the do-it-yourself zip version??

RedMike...out

No need. I got it to work. Apparently it was a hardware issue with my machine.

I've got it up and running. The problem now is to find the time to play the scenarios....

RedMike
24 Jul 06, 14:43
No need. I got it to work. Apparently it was a hardware issue with my machine.

I've got it up and running. The problem now is to find the time to play the scenarios....

Great! Enjoy Africa!

Mini-Me
24 Jul 06, 15:33
Great! Enjoy Africa!

Based on how it looks, I don't think that'll be a problem. Good stuff!

TheBigRedOne
24 Jul 06, 16:29
....I bless the rains down in Africa.

Sorry, I lapsed into Toto Mode....