PDA

View Full Version : Pacific War - Air Chindit Tourney

rahamy
02 Jul 06, 14:14
Gents,

Initial mailing is sent...we have 18 players as of now, so a good turnout for the first event. Let me know if you didn't get the mailing, and good luck to all!

And for anyone who wants to read about it, you can do so here:

http://www.strategyzoneonline.com/forums/wfhq-ld-tourney-details.php?id=65

Rich

Joao Lima
02 Jul 06, 15:09
I did not receive any email, how do I know my opponents?

Joao Lima
02 Jul 06, 15:13
And the alternative rules to use?

rahamy
02 Jul 06, 15:13
Joao,

Here's the mail I sent...I will also shoot you another note, to make sure my address isn't blocked for some reason:

---------------

Its kick off time for the first SB Tourney. The basic details are posted on the tourney page, and all three scenarios have been added to WARS for reporting purposes:

http://www.strategyzoneonline.com/forums/wfhq-ld-tourney-details.php?id=65#rounds

(http://www.strategyzoneonline.com/forums/wfhq-ld-tourney-details.php?id=65#rounds)Pairings...each round will be a set of Mirror Matches, where you will play the same opponent in the same scenario, once from either side. You can play these at the same time, or one after the other...personally I prefer one after the other, but I'll leave that to you guys.

I made these first round of pairings simply by choosing the first player in the alphabetical list and pairing them with the last and continuing till everyone was matched up. In the following two rounds however I will have the top two players paired up, and so forth, to attempt to match skill level as much as possible.

Optional rules - up to you guys what you want to use, but please do not select "variable ending" as that will skew things too much I think.

Time table - as with the last tourney I ran for the CWB section, I'm going to allot enough time for each team to complete 2 turns a week - which for SB scenarios should be a piece of cake. But, not everyone moves at the same rate. So, that gives us a target completion date for round 1 of September 10th. Realistically we'll probably kick off round 2 before the end of July, but I want to be flexible, and allow all manner of players to participate, not just those who can burn through a scenario. We will move on by Sept. 10th regardless though, so hopefully everyone can fit within that window.

And I guess the last note on this will be game reporting - make sure you submit the game reports by marking them as tournament games and selecting the appropriate match on the WARS page. This allows the WARS system to tie the game report to the Tourney page. If you have any questions on that post to the forum and either Mike or I will provide a detailed response, so that all can benefit from the answer.

Good luck gents, and I'll see you on the field!!

<salute>

Rich

Joao Lima
02 Jul 06, 15:42
Thanks for posting it here.

rahamy
03 Jul 06, 08:04
We need one more person, as I've got another guy with the game on the way that wants to join us...so please rustle the bushes a bit more! :cool:

Navarone
04 Jul 06, 22:33
Eric Karcher,

Did you get my email re: the Tourney?

I Gratefully Remain,

eric karcher
05 Jul 06, 09:04
I havent had a chance to check my email since friday.I have been working some ungodly hours and have 12 more to do tonight.Then i will be on vacation and will commence to shoot move and communicate at a fierce pace.

Btw if any one reading this thread knows of someone wanting to be a 911 dispatcher in northern california we are hiring and are gettinga 20-25 percent pat raise in january. www.acgov.org

Navarone
05 Jul 06, 11:29
Hi Eric,

No problemo, just checking :)

I Patiently Remain,

rahamy
07 Jul 06, 07:52
My first game is off the ground and running, how about the rest of you guys?

Mike Cox
07 Jul 06, 13:09
We have exchanged several and are playing them concurrently.

Navarone
07 Jul 06, 20:44
Eric Karcher and I are pushing on to Turn 8.

I Informatively Remain,

lezgo killemall
09 Jul 06, 07:18
liveline and myself are just underway w/ both of our matches

Paulinski
09 Jul 06, 11:33
Where are the parings posted?

rahamy
09 Jul 06, 14:29
On the tourney page Sir! :cool:

http://www.strategyzoneonline.com/forums/wfhq-ld-tourney-details.php?id=65#rounds

Paulinski
09 Jul 06, 17:34
Ok I think I'm oficially retarded I read the tourney page and all I see are just the list of players no pairings. It mentions randomly selected opponent. I'm confused

rahamy
09 Jul 06, 17:41
Scroll down to where you see "Roud 1" and it lists all the matches... :clown:

lezgo killemall
09 Jul 06, 18:01
i think yours might be different then ours because your a mod? all it shows is the list of players that are participating. when you go down to round 1 all it shows is

ROUND 1
WELCOME TO BROADWAY[top] (pending)

nothing is below this.

Paulinski
09 Jul 06, 18:19
Thanks Lezgo. Thats exactly what I see. I though I was loosing my mind.

Navarone
09 Jul 06, 19:51
Well, we have 2 Allied Major defeats. In each case the Japanese counterattack after landing was unstoppable. :ar15:

I Informatively Remain,

rahamy
09 Jul 06, 21:29
<sigh>

Sorry guys, you are correct my different view was the difference...I have changed the status of the round so it should be visible to everyone. :nuts:

Mini-Me
10 Jul 06, 13:10
My copy finally arrived in today's mail.

Ernie: Sent you an email.

ernies
10 Jul 06, 15:41
OK, Mini-You.

Email returned with one file.

rahamy
10 Jul 06, 18:20
We just finished our first game, a draw...going on to #2!

rahamy
18 Jul 06, 12:37
The tourney page is now up-to-date with the scores for all the completed games so far...people seem to be rolling along which is good! :cool:

rahamy
19 Jul 06, 22:03
Steve and I just finished our second match...so we're just about half way complete with this first round...if you other guys get a chance to give us a progress report please do!

lezgo killemall
19 Jul 06, 23:44
liveline and i are 6 and 4 turns through our games.

Dazooz
20 Jul 06, 09:03
Dazooz and Paulinski are about 1/3 of the way through.

Joao Lima
30 Jul 06, 14:41
I finished a long time a go my 2 games for the first scenario...

Mini-Me
31 Jul 06, 10:10
Ernie and I have a couple of turns left on both. Not too much longer.

Dazooz
31 Jul 06, 19:41
Paulinski has run into a hardware snag and his computer is currently down. I am waiting on his return.

rahamy
03 Aug 06, 07:29
Thanks for the updates guys...just trying to keep things on track. :smoke:

Down to 8 games outstanding now. :cool:

Paulinski
03 Aug 06, 10:04
I'm almost back after motherboard death :(

rahamy
12 Aug 06, 14:04
only 6 matches left...!

lezgo killemall
12 Aug 06, 22:21
we should hopefully be done ours soon. liveline is away on vacation right now, but we only have a couple turns left in both games.

reapagan
13 Aug 06, 00:26
We should finish up shortly as well.

rahamy
20 Aug 06, 09:08
Just had two more matches report in, so only 4 to go!

lezgo killemall
20 Aug 06, 19:17
havent heard from liveline so im assuming hes still on vacation

lezgo killemall
23 Aug 06, 03:10
just to update:

we are having email probs. he has been unable to send the games to me. now, one did get through this morning(MG44 tourney), but when i tried to email him back it wont let me and gives me a message that is saying im blocked from sending email and something about rate limits. when i went to help it tells me its spam related which is very weird as weve been exchanging emails for months now. i thought a work around would be for him to send it to me at work so i could forward it, but it blocked it there as well. now the really weird thing is that his is the only one that is giving me this message. ive been able to reply to other emails. will try to figure it out as quickly as possible and not hold things up.

rahamy
23 Aug 06, 07:12
You can post the turns here as zipped attachments to get you through. You won't be playing each other in the next round so its only an issue till you guys complete this one...at least for this tourney.

Another option is to setup a free e-mail account at Gmail or Yahoo...

lezgo killemall
23 Aug 06, 07:36
ok, i pm'd him checking to see if he has a 2d email, but how can we do it here rich? through pm?

rahamy
23 Aug 06, 07:40
Hey Ed,

When posting a new reply, scroll down a little ways and you will see a button to manage attachments. You can then attach a zip file with your turns in it. Theya re tiny, so there's no reason they wouldn't fit.

Joao Lima
23 Aug 06, 16:22
People, not wanting to look eager or anything :laugh: but shouldn't we be rolling on round 2 by now? That will be a bigger one than round 1... :devious:

rahamy
23 Aug 06, 16:37
I've heard from Barnacle Bob and he said his two games are done, they just need to register the end games. So that only leaves Ed's two discussed above. Would like them all complete before we move on to the next level, so lets give them a few more days. :cool:

lezgo killemall
26 Aug 06, 15:59
havent heard back from liveline since i pm'd him, so not sure if hes seen this discussion either. could you maybe email him rich, and tell him about the way to post here so we can try to finish this up. sorry for the delay guys. :OHNO:

rahamy
26 Aug 06, 16:10
Message on the way to him...

lezgo killemall
29 Aug 06, 23:59
just to keep everyone updated. liveline and myself have been able to exchange emails again, but now weve seem to run into another problem. one of our games seems to be stuck on the same turn(the other should be down to a turn or 2 left). weve each taken it 2 or 3 times now but it wont advance. so as not to keep everyone waiting any longer, if we cant correct it i will surrender the win to liveline since he is outclassing me in them anyway.

rahamy
30 Aug 06, 08:26
Ed,

If you guys are at a point in the other where the outcome is obvious just go ahead and call it and post the results. Nothing saying it has to be played to the last turn...

lezgo killemall
01 Sep 06, 11:26
ok, it looks like whatever the problem was, its cleared up. the one game is at turn 9, the other is like 7. will try to get w/ liveline if he is around tonite to trade turns and get them done before im back to work on sunday.

again, sorry for the hold up guys.

lezgo killemall
02 Sep 06, 16:19
ok guys, havent been able to hook up w/ liveline for any turn exchanges, and im back to work starting tomorrow, so im just going to concede these games so we can move on. go ahead w/ the 2d rd whenever your ready rich. i dont have the turns to report to end things but will send an email to shawn telling him to report.

Lucas Kling
19 Sep 06, 08:54
Still haven't heard from Pat Mullen.

rahamy
19 Sep 06, 09:00
I just sent him another note along with your e-mail address...if he's not able to continue we'll try to round up a replacement.

Lucas Kling
19 Sep 06, 09:18
I just sent him another note along with your e-mail address...if he's not able to continue we'll try to round up a replacement.

Thing is Pat and I have several games going, so I am starting to get worried he isn't allright. I mean he was saying he had been pretty ill.. Just getting alittle bit worried. Hope he's OK!

Mike Cox
19 Sep 06, 20:15
I talked with him the other day, and he did sound exhausted. If he is back in shape, I am sure his wife has a list of honeydos for him....

Lucas Kling
23 Sep 06, 08:29
I talked with him the other day, and he did sound exhausted. If he is back in shape, I am sure his wife has a list of honeydos for him....

Well I guess then I need a new opponent. In what way did you talk to him? Email?

rahamy
23 Sep 06, 14:52
Double Major Victory posted for Mini-Me just now...which pushes him to the top of the pile in the standings...so far! :eek:

Mini-Me
23 Sep 06, 14:54
Double Major Victory posted for Mini-Me just now...which pushes him to the top of the pile in the standings...so far! :eek:

I had good electronic die rolls. :)

Joao Lima
23 Sep 06, 16:57

That will be a difficult one to equal... :mad:

Mike Cox
23 Sep 06, 17:11
Well I guess then I need a new opponent. In what way did you talk to him? Email?

By phone.

A double Major for Mini - nice work Brian! Maybe we should call you Major Major.

Mike Cox
23 Sep 06, 17:12
Oh and Ernie - Could you resend the last files? I think they are with you.

rahamy
24 Sep 06, 08:26
I think Ernie is on vacation right now, but should be returning soon...you know those retired guys...taking off when ever they feel like it...the nerve! :p

rahamy
05 Oct 06, 07:24
Mike Rea and I have just finished our first game...stopped the Japs cold, but it was close there for a while. Firing up the second one this morning... :cool:

rahamy
05 Oct 06, 16:45
Atle has just posted a double victory and has pulled into the leade! For now...:clown:

eric karcher
05 Oct 06, 22:12
hey if he had played me(wait he did):nuts: ,well if i had known what i was doing.It might have only been minors to him. :clown: :clown:

Lucas Kling
08 Oct 06, 13:12
Atle has just posted a double victory and has pulled into the leade! For now...:clown:

Glyn is about to do the same to me :(.

Glyn
08 Oct 06, 15:52
Fun, tough fight, good game Lucas.:D :ar15:

Lucas Kling
08 Oct 06, 16:48
Fun, tough fight, good game Lucas.:D :ar15:

Indeed! Nice shooting. Especially when your guys shot down my planes ;).

rahamy
09 Oct 06, 07:55
With the latest round of end game reports Mike Cox has pulled into the lead!

rahamy
16 Oct 06, 01:28
Yet another double victory has been posted! We're rapidly moving towards completion of this round...my second game is still going, but hopefully we'll hit a good pace and bring it to conclusion in the next couple of weeks.

rahamy
01 Nov 06, 17:46
Where do we stand guys? How close are we to wrapping up the remaining games? Mike and I can do so pretty quickly I believe...

Shotgun Messiah
03 Nov 06, 15:32
Done and waitin patiently.......

rahamy
09 Nov 06, 08:30
Got another report in today, so only 2 teams outstanding. Have heard from at least 1 person in each of those match up's and they are still moving, just a bit slow. We'll give it another week or so and that should see those others completed.

rahamy
09 Nov 06, 18:56
Ok, 2 more reports came in...so only 1 team left outstanding!

Dazooz
13 Nov 06, 20:44
I just received an email from my opponent indicating that due to real-life he is unable to complete the tournament. I can forward you a copy of the email if necessary.

Thanks,
Jason (Dazooz)

rahamy
14 Nov 06, 07:34
E-mail response on the way Jason.

I will most likely drop my slot so we can wrap up the last round with an even number of people...unless there's 1 person reading this that wants to get in a couple of games using Pacific War?

FastPhil
14 Nov 06, 15:47
I will if you don't get any other takers.

Mike Cox
14 Nov 06, 15:53
Looking forward to the final round!

rahamy
14 Nov 06, 16:34
Ok gents,

Round three of the tourney is kicking off...the pairings are posted on the tourney page:

http://www.xtreme-gamer.com/forums/wfhq-ld-tourney-details.php?id=65

The top 3 players going into Round 3 are:

barnacle bob: 36

Mike Cox: 36

Atle: 32

Joao Lima
15 Nov 06, 14:26
Can Choowee please send me is email by PM?

Lucas Kling
25 Nov 06, 12:55
Me and Phil have both games active and we've done several turns so far, so everything is going well. These scenarios we've played in this tourney really is fun, and I like the idea of playing three similiar scenarios like this instead of a spread out of totally different ones.

Mike Cox
28 Nov 06, 20:07
Barnacle and I are about to turn 9 in our games. I am flirting with wins, but definately need to get a leg over...

Rifleman95th
01 Dec 06, 02:22
Hi Shotgun,

Sent you the first turn at the end of last week.

Give me a bell if you didn't get it.

nikb@paradise.net.nz

Cheers

Nik
"Rifleman95th"

rahamy
07 Dec 06, 17:36
Nik, did you get hooked up with Lee yet?

Dazooz
08 Dec 06, 08:35
I haven't heard from my opponent on this game yet to even get started. :(

rahamy
10 Dec 06, 09:16
E-mail sent your way yesterday Sir.

eric karcher
14 Dec 06, 17:28
Just got my new system up and am transfering the games over now.Me and ernie are on turn 2 now.sometimes when life throws you lemons( laptop power supply shorting out) you have to make lemonade (new dell desk top with dual 19 inch monitors with a tv tuner to watch tv while i do serious stuff like play games).Plus the wife doesn't know that the laptop power cord can be replaced after christmas.:lier:

rahamy
14 Dec 06, 17:53
Doh! You still going to be able to afford a trip to Tiller Con after spending all that?? :OHNO:

eric karcher
14 Dec 06, 18:57
I am just waiting for the vacation bidding to start in mid febuary .just to make sure i get the time off.Then i will make my reservations for the big dance.

Mike Cox
19 Dec 06, 19:20
I like the dual monitors.... I have seen that on other systems and it looks pretty sweet. I have a coupld of things that would be easier with a couple of monitors. Of course, I still have a big old school Sony monitor that will outlast me. My baby daughter will probably inherit that when she is old enough for a computer. <Who am I kidding.... No computer... no phone... no internet until she is 18. ;) >

Glad to hear you will be at Tiller Con II. I look to make it this year after kicking myself for missing 1.0.

rahamy
01 Jan 07, 16:32
Only 6 matches outstanding till we can put the wraps on this tourney...keep us posted guys! :cool:

Rifleman95th
04 Jan 07, 14:32
Nik, did you get hooked up with Lee yet?

Sorry, just picked up on this.

Yip - we are close to finishing our first game. Lee has virtually wiped me from the board. Excellent tactics.

rahamy
08 Jan 07, 08:06
Got the report this morning, thanks!

rahamy
23 Jan 07, 07:26
Ok, more reports came in so we only have one team outstanding...so if all goes well we should have this tourney wrapped up by the end of the week. :cool:

rahamy
31 Jan 07, 14:43
Ok Gents, the first SB Tourney is officially over. The top three standings are:

Mike Cox: 56
Glyn: 50
Dazooz: 48

Congratulations to those guys, and to all participants! I'll get the points and ribbons awarded here before too long.

And good luck to all on the next one! :D

Lucas Kling
02 Feb 07, 10:19
Congratulations!

And thanks for the tournament!