PDA

View Full Version : Squad Battles - Eagles Strike

Joao Lima
15 May 06, 17:57
Does someone know if this database protected thing is also turned on for Eagles Strike 1.02, therefore making it impossible to play the European Add-on ?

(If this is the case is one of the stupidiest things I've ever faced in PC games...)

This probably was missed inside the other thread so I brought it up...

rahamy
17 May 06, 16:45
I spoke with John about this and the only game that is locked in this way of the whole series is Advance of the Reich, and that only because we plan on publishing a game to cover the end of the war.

The issue is the relationship between the three dat files, where you have to have mutually supporting entries in each to get the new types working within the game. Its not easy, hence the assumption of them being locked.

Joao Lima
17 May 06, 18:03
I spoke with John about this and the only game that is locked in this way of the whole series is Advance of the Reich, and that only because we plan on publishing a game to cover the end of the war.

The issue is the relationship between the three dat files, where you have to have mutually supporting entries in each to get the new types working within the game. Its not easy, hence the assumption of them being locked.

AHHHHHHH... now you brought some light on the issue, it's both clearer and much more reasonable... I understand the locking on Advance of the Reich then. It's fair enough... ;)

Good thing there are actually plans flowing. Can you give us some hints about future enhancements? :devious: (not future games, future things you intend on including, like towers on vehicles and the likes...)

rahamy
17 May 06, 18:47
When we get closer to actually having something tangible to share with you I'll post a bit about engine enhancements. Stiring the post right now wouldn't be productive as I'm hard pressed to get the work I have done, much less maintain active threads on the forums. As always we prefer not to tease with vaporware, but rather deliver results. :)

Joao Lima
17 May 06, 19:26
And it's fair enough. Come on, back to work then... :-)

Paulinski
18 May 06, 13:33
Cool at least there is a nibble that new SB game will be out someday.
We need at least two more titles to keep us going ; - )