PDA

View Full Version : Probably old news but...

Joao Lima
23 Apr 06, 16:44
Look at the picture...

http://www.itsc.uah.edu/till/wargames.html

RobAPol
23 Apr 06, 16:52
Looks suspicously like a modern day SB game.... The AH64 gives it away... I wonder when they will announce it?

rahamy
24 Apr 06, 14:13
Not until its ready to ship! :D

Joao Lima
24 Apr 06, 14:15
Not until its ready to ship! :D

ahhh.... anytime soon? :devil:

rahamy
24 Apr 06, 14:40
:whist: Now come on...you know I can't give specifics...:hush:

We're working on it...and listening to the community...that's all I can say. :horse:

Gary McClellan
24 Apr 06, 14:57
Sadly, Rich's long association with HPS is going to catch up with him. When the time comes years down the road, Rich will refuse to allow invitations to his daughter's wedding to be sent out until Wednesday of that week :devil:

rahamy
24 Apr 06, 15:15
Shhh...that's the plan, then the cost will only be a fraction of what it would be if everyone showed up!! :love: :whist:

Joao Lima
24 Apr 06, 15:32
We're working on it...and listening to the community...that's all I can say. :horse:

Good, then don't forget that vehicles need an overall (turrets,smoke dischargers, armour facing...) and vehicles are important in modern combat specially in a Warsaw Pact-NATO environment if that's the case.

Mike Cox
24 Apr 06, 19:41
Good, then don't forget that vehicles need an overall (turrets,smoke dischargers, armour facing...)
I believe armour facing is already in the game...

"Facing Effect

When a Vehicle has an armor value that is equal to or greater than the Hard Vehicle Armor parameter data value from the Parameter Data Dialog, and the fire on the Vehicle is not from an Indirect Fire weapon or fire from Air or Artillery Support, then the armor value of the Vehicle is modified according to the direction the fire is coming in:

When the fire is coming through the forward hexside, then the armor value is 150% of normal.

When the fire is coming through any of the 2 left hexsides or 2 right hexsides, then the armor value is 100% of normal.

When the fire is coming through the rear hexside, the armor value is 75% of normal.

When the fire splits two hexsides, the adjustment is the one less favorable to the Vehicle."

But the treatment of vehicles could a stand some tweaks (turrets, etc)

Wodin
24 Apr 06, 20:26
AFV's do need to be looked at. Maybe abit more than the odd tweak to be honest.

That screenshot has been floating around for awhile now. Early last year I think.

Love the new troop modifier in ToD lets hope it gets passed on to the other games.

One niggle I have with the game is the last man syndrome. Damn impossible to kill. Ive had three full squads surround a sqaud with just one man left. At I still couldnt kill him.

Another annoying point is firing a MG 42 down the street at a squad three or four hex's away for two turns and not wiping them out.

Joao Lima
25 Apr 06, 13:07
I believe armour facing is already in the game... ...

Ye, but hardly properly, for example there is not as far as I know a distinction of hit areas (turret,tracks,hull)...