PDA

View Full Version : Multi Play Success Story!

KG_Norad
15 Oct 03, 22:42
Good news team! John Osborne and I have just completed a SUCCESSFUL test of the Multiplayer feature for ATF.

We briefly tested National Training Center 1: Bulldog Escarpment. We could both see kills, movement and artillery results with apparently no problems. We were also able to pause the game which should come in handy for screen shots. Finally the end result log looked pretty reasonable. We plan to actually play this scenario tomorrow night :ar15:and we will post an AAR.

My system specs are:
:cry:Pentium III 800
384 ram
32mg nvidia Video card
56k modem dial up connection.

My system is pretty modest by modern standards and it ran pretty smooth. The only feature that did not work well while the clock was running was the ATF built in chat feature. This only worked when the game was paused. But it does work so...I am not going to complain too much!

We will be trying to use mIRC to communicate in the next game and we will let you know how it goes!

Here are the results of our experiment...please note this game was not finished, but keep your eye out for the completed AAR from tomorrow's game!

Enemy Starting and Ending Combat Power:
Vehicle Type
Starting
Ending

BMP-2 IFV

T-80B MBT

BRDM-2 with ATGM

AT-5 Team

Enemy Fire Team

Enemy M9 ACE

T-80B MBT with Plow

Friendly Starting and Ending Combat Power:
Vehicle Type
Starting
Ending

M1A2 MBT

M1A2 MBT with Mine Plow

M2A2 Bradley IFV

Fire Team

M109A6 Paladin 155 mm SP How.

M1068 Fire Direction Center

M981 FIST-V

M992 FAASV

Dragon Team

Stay tuned, more to come!:clap::banana::coolban:
Michael

John Osborne
15 Oct 03, 23:04
NORAD, pretty much covered everything :cool:

However The end results that pop on my screen after NORAD surrender was what we started with and ending with all zeros. It is attach to look at. And the funny part was saying how a good job he did when he surrendered ;) I think that it needs to be worked on. If I surrendered I would expect a butt chewing from the Commander :D

Also one last thing. I wish that there was an Autosave for the game when you play it. That way you can go back and review how you did.

One finial thing, I need to read the Book or NORAD is going to kick my butt tomorrow night :D

Red 6

Pat Proctor
16 Oct 03, 01:55
I am glad you guys got the bugs worked out.

Many of the scenarios in ATF are just too big for a multiplayer game. I am afraid that technology has just not caught up with ATF's max acapabilities.

Small, company v. company scenarios on desert/NTC maps will run like a dream in multiplayer (assuming your linkup is succesful).

Again, I am sorry for the issues. If you send me detailed bug reports on the issues you encounterd, I will gladly take a look at them.

KG_Norad
16 Oct 03, 12:06
As always Captain thanks for your support! :D