PDA

View Full Version : Which one first?

Mini-Me
05 Apr 06, 15:21
I've been thinking about getting into this series for a while now, but I haven't taken the plunge yet.

Which title should I get first?

I'm a PBEM guy, so one thing I'd like to know is which are the most widely owned titles. That way I would have plenty of HTH action.

AOTR gets my initial vote, but only because it's Ostfront, and I'm a sucker for anything Ostfront. They all look interesting, and I'm sure they all have their own unique points.

TheBigRedOne
05 Apr 06, 15:46
Go with where your interest lie. I have a keen interest in Vietnam, so that was the first game I bought.....

Joao Lima
05 Apr 06, 16:15
I'm a PBEM guy, so one thing I'd like to know is which are the most widely owned titles. That way I would have plenty of HTH action.

Vietnam is your game.

Paulinski
05 Apr 06, 17:10
Hey Brian

Vietnam or if you'd like WWII Advance of the Reich. I'm still waiting for that PBEM in the jungles of Nam:)

lezgo killemall
05 Apr 06, 17:16
i have 3 of the titles but havent really played any of them cause im playing so much pzc. of course, maybe these wouldnt be a bad thing to get into instead of doing so many pzc scns. that way i could just have some small games going along w/ the major campaign games from the other series. :whist:

my main prob is trying to learn/remember all the rules. its bad enough trying to learn the pzc series, let alone adding ACW and this to my failing memory :dead:

CJMello
05 Apr 06, 17:48
Proud and the Few.

Mini-Me
05 Apr 06, 17:56
Hey Brian

Vietnam or if you'd like WWII Advance of the Reich. I'm still waiting for that PBEM in the jungles of Nam:)

:laugh: Been meaning to get one of the SB titles for a long time, but it kept getting put off with all the other stuff I had to get. Moscow, Stalingrad, a few ACW/Napoleonic titles for tournaments and such. I'll probably get one in the next couple of weeks if I can pry the $ away from the wife. :devious:

CJMello
05 Apr 06, 18:00
:laugh: Been meaning to get one of the SB titles for a long time, but it kept getting put off with all the other stuff I had to get. Moscow, Stalingrad, a few ACW/Napoleonic titles for tournaments and such. I'll probably get one in the next couple of weeks if I can pry the $ away from the wife. :devious:

Tell her the money is for medication.

Mini-Me
06 Apr 06, 15:01
Tell her the money is for medication.

:D

I'll take her out to dinner at her favorite place.

I went ahead and got AOTR. I took BigRedOne's advice and went with my gut. I'm an Ostfront fan, so there I go! Also picked up Waterloo and 1776....

The next one (isn't there always a next one) will be Vietnam.

CJMello
06 Apr 06, 20:36
I use the medication line.

Mike Cox
10 Apr 06, 00:11
Well too late now but I would have done Pacific War - only because you get WW2 and the modern Africa at War mod. ALso the maps in Pac War were th emost extensive. (Though if you went Russia the maps there were first rate too...)

Mini-Me
10 Apr 06, 01:59
Well too late now but I would have done Pacific War - only because you get WW2 and the modern Africa at War mod. ALso the maps in Pac War were th emost extensive. (Though if you went Russia the maps there were first rate too...)

Not to worry, I'm sure I will have all of them shortly. I haven't found a PzC/MC/ACW/EA that I haven't liked yet. :D