PDA

View Full Version : Questions from RED 6

John Osborne
12 Oct 03, 23:41
I'm going to use this thread for questions that I will have for you guys :D

1st Question. How can I change the color of the boundarys ,Pl and so on from Blue to Black? I have a hard time seeing and reading the text when its in blue.

2nd Question. Can there be other vehicles in ATF, ie Leopord 2, Marder 1.

Red 6

Scully
13 Oct 03, 00:10
I'm going to use this thread for questions that I will have for you guys :D

1st Question. How can I change the color of the boundarys ,Pl and so on from Blue to Black? I have a hard time seeing and reading the text when its in blue.

2nd Question. Can there be other vehicles in ATF, ie Leopord 2, Marder 1.

Red 6

I'm not sure about changing the color of boundarys, etc., though there is a scenario editor that can be downloaded for free from ProSim that should allow you to edit them maps. Of course, I've never tried to change the colors, so what do I know. :) I do know for sure that you can create any type of vehicle you'd like with the database editor that is also a free download from ProSim (I don't think it works with the demo version if that's what you have). There are also some online help files available at the ProSim site to show you how to edit the database.

Hope this helps. Someone who knows a lot more than I do (and there are a lot of them out there) will correct my mistakes and get you answers to what I don't know.

John Osborne
13 Oct 03, 01:31
Hi Scully,

I do have the ATF Scenario Editor, and looked at it and I see no way to change the color when using the pen to make the lines. And on how to change the colors of the lines after they were made

I also have the Database Editor :D and was hoping that besides Deltapooh that some one else may have made some vehicles ;)

So if not, I guess I will have to start and work on making vehicles from Germany, and England. If Deltapooh could be so kind and help me get started on it :D

And I just finished playing my first scenario, Fulda Gap 1: Rasdorf Cav Screen. And I completed the Mission :cheeky: Can't belive that I did it right. AAR will be posted ASAP by tomorrow with screen shots.

Red 6

Deltapooh
13 Oct 03, 05:27

The only way you can edit boundary colors would be to export the bmp file, and paint the boundary in an image editor. Then import it back to the scenario builder under a new name and map. The online help file show you how to do this. It's not that difficult.

I also have the Database Editor and was hoping that besides Deltapooh that some one else may have made some vehicles

So if not, I guess I will have to start and work on making vehicles from Germany, and England. If Deltapooh could be so kind and help me get started on it.

I am not the only one who made vehicles for ATF. The first was Curtis Pangracs. He developed a rather extensive set of vehicles using NATO Symbols, before going off to create a new sim for ProSim. It was a great effort. However, new players had a hard time with the NATO symbols. It can be downloaded here. (http://www.shrapnelgames.com/cgi-bin/newuploads/1056476841.zip)

The second was Kbluck. He developed a number of vehicles and even improved some vehicles I donated making far better. These vehicles can be downloaded here. (http://www.netce.com/atf/kbDataModern.zip)

I'll be more than willing to provide assistance if needed. I included top-down picks of the Leopard I and Leopard II, as well as the Mardar I I believe. These can be be painted over, scaled, and added to the database. If you need more vehicles, I'll try to find your request. However, top-down images are difficult to come by. I was still able to find good references though.

Take care

John Osborne
13 Oct 03, 12:46
The only way you can edit boundary colors would be to export the bmp file, and paint the boundary in an image editor. Then import it back to the scenario builder under a new name and map. The online help file show you how to do this. It's not that difficult.

Not sure I'm following you :confused: The file that has the Manuver Graphics is a .gra file. Your going to have to draw me a picture on how to do it :D

Thanks for the images of the Leopards and Marder 1. What do you use for your paint program?

Last question ;) I read over some AARs and is there a standard format to write one?

Red 6

KG_Norad
13 Oct 03, 15:21
Last question I read over some AARs and is there a standard format to write one?
----------------------------------------------------------------------I would say no not really. Most seem to follow the format of listing the units you start with, and end with a summary of enemy and friendly units that started and how many were lost. In between that, the descriptions of the actual combat vary from author to author.

Scully has done 2 so far, Black Moria has done one, as well, and I am almost certain there must be more. Right now they are all sprinkled through out this forum. We are trying to get these all moved into the AAR link under the Armored Task Force Section of the site. So we can find them easily! ;)

I look forward to your report!

Michael

Deltapooh
13 Oct 03, 22:22
Not sure I'm following you The file that has the Manuver Graphics is a .gra file. Your going to have to draw me a picture on how to do it.

You would need to edit the map's .bmp file, not the Maneuver graphics file. The link below provides you with all the information you would need to alter export, edit, then import the map .bmp file.
http://www.prosimco.com/atf/tutorial/7_advanced_map_drawing.htm

An example of this is my Mosul Map (http://www.warfarehq.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=912) . All I did was take a high-res satellite map, and used it with the Iraq3 map. (Of course the downside was a losss in map scale.)

In retrospect, it might be better to simply draw your friendly and enemy maneuver graphics using the Enemy SITEMAP tab. There is no real consequence if you select this option.