PDA

View Full Version : Where Have I Been?

John Osborne
12 Oct 03, 00:36
Hi Guys,

I did not know that there was a thread here for ATF :nuts:
I was wondering why there was no messages. Has anyone try to create any units for ATF, ie USMC or Stryker vehicles. Can the bmp of the vehicles be changed? And last question is there a document of the ATF Scenario Builder and ATF Power Toolkit that can be dl.

Red 6

Black Moria
12 Oct 03, 02:19
Deltapooh and kbluck have done mods for ATF, including vehicle .bmps.

Check some of the earlier threads in which some of this is discussed.

As for your last question, I am not certain, but others might know and they will show up in this thread sooner or later. We are not a huge community but we help each other out.

Scully
12 Oct 03, 03:30
Welcome John,
It's good to see a new face in the crowd. As Black Moria said, we're relatively small right now, but everyone is extremely helpful, so keep asking questions, I'm sure you'll get some good answers.

Take care,
Brian

Deltapooh
12 Oct 03, 07:25
I was wondering why there was no messages. Has anyone try to create any units for ATF, ie USMC or Stryker vehicles.

I have top-down images saved on my harddrive for a USMC vehicle pack. They include the AAAV, LAV-25 (which can have the turret edited to meet all family version), CH-46, and CH-53E. Kbluck already made the UH-1 Huey and AH-1 Cobra, and M198 155mm towed. The Stryker family is also in the works. Right now I'm working on two projects at once. One will be completed and release later today or early tomorrow (depending on how much time I have.) The other will follow shortly afterward. Then I'll be able to focus more on adding these vehicles.

Can the bmp of the vehicles be changed?

If you intend to change one of the original bmp files, you'll need to use an equal number of tiles. You can also design your own vehicle, then use Kbluck's TilePiece utility (http://www.warfarehq.com/forums/attachment.php?attachmentid=1069) to rotate the images. Then it's just a matter of adding the piece to the database and assigning the piece to the desired vehicle. Might sound like more work, but it really isn't.

And last question is there a document of the ATF Scenario Builder and ATF Power Toolkit that can be dl.

ProSim is working on converting the Online Help Files (And last question is there a document of the ATF Scenario Builder and ATF Power Toolkit that can be dl.) to .pdf (or is it MSWord?) format.

If you have questions, feel free to ask.

Take care

KG_Norad
12 Oct 03, 10:52
It's great to see a new face on the forum and a fellow Coloradoan to boot! The Military Sim section here at WarfareHQ is in the process of changing into an BCT/ATF only section. We will have articles, and other items of interest posted there. The page is in the works so keep on the look out. We have a great modding community and Cpt. Proctor regularly pops by the forum as well.

Cheers :D

Michael

John Osborne
12 Oct 03, 11:56
Guys, Guys, Where have I been :nuts: Just reading the replys back about ATF has made me get back into it :hurray:

NORAD: I take it you live here in CS? I retired here during 1992 from the US Army. It would please you that being this close together. We can set up multiplayer games. But do to my work load I'm not always here. I travel the country allot.

Deltapooh: Is ProSim working or does it have the User Manual in .pdf form so that people like me who either lose it or accidently destroy it have a copy :o Also I'm going to start on a reseach about the 1st Tiger Bde during Desert Saber. And make some scenarios about the unit.

In your vehicles has there been any thought about making small trucks or cars that can be used by enemy soldiers during a scenario? Also instead of enemy soldiers, enemy partisans?

Last, has anybody read the book titled "Tin Soldiers" by Michael Farmer? It is a very good book. Could be use to make scenarios base on the Iraq and Iran issue.

Red 6

Pat Proctor
12 Oct 03, 12:04
For some reason, the help site link did not come out.

It is:

http://www.prosimco.com/atf/tutorial/index.htm

There is, currently, no PDF version.

Deltapooh
12 Oct 03, 12:38
In your vehicles has there been any thought about making small trucks or cars that can be used by enemy soldiers during a scenario? Also instead of enemy soldiers, enemy partisans?

I lan to make some technical vehicles (civi trucks with PKTs or something mounted in the rear.)

As for partisans, I still use the ATF dismount icons. I don't think we can make too many improvements for what is a few little dots on your screen. :D However, I do have an ongoing project using a map I of an area around Mosul, Iraq. I made some Fadyeen militia for it. (Basically they were tagged as Militia in the scenario editor using different pk stats.

Last, has anybody read the book titled "Tin Soldiers" by Michael Farmer? It is a very good book. Could be use to make scenarios base on the Iraq and Iran issue.

The name sounds familiar. However, if it's non-fiction, I probably didn't read it. The last non-fiction I read was "The Ten Thousand" by Harold Coyle. Nice book, but highly unlikely scenario. :nuts:

John Osborne
12 Oct 03, 13:38
Guys,

If its all right to do so. I'm making a Word Document on Making a Task Force Scenario for my uses. If people likes it I will post it. Here is an example of it.

KG_Norad
12 Oct 03, 14:04
NORAD: I take it you live here in CS? I retired here during 1992 from the US Army. It would please you that being this close together. We can set up multiplayer games. But do to my work load I'm not always here. I travel the country allot.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------
Denver Metro actually the northern suburbs. :D

I had an unfortunate experience with multiplay you can read about on the forum, but if I can figure out how to make it work better I would play multiplayer.

...if I am able to find the time. I am swamped with projects...including updating the Armored Task Force Section of this site.;)