PDA

View Full Version : Javelin Teams

Scully
06 Sep 03, 16:42
My Javelin teams did not fire a shot in the Rasdorf Cav Screen scenario. This despite the fact they were in perfect ambush position and the OPFOR BTR/BMP was well within the LOS Fan. They were not in "Hold Fire." What am I doing wrong here?

Thanks,
Brian

Pat Proctor
06 Sep 03, 17:03
I may be wrong, but I think you only have DRAGON teams in this scenario. The max range on the Dragon is 1500m, as opposed to the 2500m range of the Javelin. Could this be the problem?

Also make sure they are stopped and they do not have the "DO NOT EMPALCE" SOP set, as this will keep them from firing, as well.

Scully
06 Sep 03, 22:28
I may be wrong, but I think you only have DRAGON teams in this scenario. The max range on the Dragon is 1500m, as opposed to the 2500m range of the Javelin. Could this be the problem?

You are correct about the Dragon, my mistake.

Also make sure they are stopped and they do not have the "DO NOT EMPALCE" SOP set, as this will keep them from firing, as well.

Ahhh...I think this explains it.

Thanks,
Brian

Pat Proctor
07 Sep 03, 00:23
The Javelin is a pretty recent addition to the US Army arsenal (~1999). I believe the date on this scenario is around 1989.

kbluck
08 Sep 03, 15:49
I may be wrong, but I think you only have DRAGON teams in this scenario

No, it's definitely Javelins in Rasdorf. I specifically remember seeing those and thinking "what the (censored)?" I figured somebody must have built that scenario very late at night after a hard PLF and nothing but decaf in the house. ;)

Actually, I just checked, and I noticed that they have "do not emplace" set on by default. So, that's probably the source of the "no fire" problem.

--- Kevin

amrcg
08 Sep 03, 19:58
Yes, it's Javelin Teams. I also wondered about it.

Cheers,
Antonio