PDA

View Full Version : How are everyones Tourney games coming along?

Leftie
14 Nov 05, 21:49
I am playing Ernie this round. We are on turn 5 and things are coming along nicely. I am the french and he is prussian. Things are starting to heat up a bit as he has mananged to push my eastern flank back a bit and is in position to threaten my rear units. I managed to break through on the western flank and hold one of the objective points.

I don't want to go into too much detail but this has been an enjoyable game thus far.

rahamy
14 Nov 05, 22:37
Dean and I are on turn 8 of our first match...I'm the Prussians, and it's still a French Minor Victory...but I hope to change that soon. :devil:

dannybou
14 Nov 05, 22:43
I am assaulting the French all along the front Mein Herr!!!

KG_RangerBooBoo
14 Nov 05, 23:36
We've played two turns so far with not much to report.

Lucas Kling
15 Nov 05, 08:58
Almost finished with the first game with Alan Hartwick with me as the Prussians. Trying hard to break the French line but it is too costly. Got to figure out how to play the French side next.

Having a great time though and am playing with a great opponent!

Jim Cobb
15 Nov 05, 14:24
Rich White waxed my French at Plancenoit. We're starting the mirror game today.

rahamy
15 Nov 05, 22:42
Jim, either you or Rich need to register the end game for your match in the WARS system, making sure to denote it as a Tournament scenario...so it ties properly into the Tournament page. Let me know if you have questions.

Regards,
Rich

Leftie
15 Nov 05, 23:11
Jim, either you or Rich need to register the end game for your match in the WARS system, making sure to denote it as a Tournament scenario...so it ties properly into the Tournament page. Let me know if you have questions.

Regards,
Rich

Ahh you beat me to it Rich :laugh:

Jim Cobb
15 Nov 05, 23:26
You can look but Rich already did this morning.

rahamy
17 Nov 05, 21:40
Dean and I just completed our first game today, with a slight favor towards myself. A very hard-fought game which went down to the wire...hope I can do the same for round two! :)

Jim Cobb
17 Nov 05, 21:57
OK, we posted our scores. How do we post a result? Thanks.

rahamy
17 Nov 05, 22:15
Hey Jim,

To register an end game do the following:

Click the W.A.R.S. link in the top right-hand side of the page, then select the "Napoleonic Battles Ladder" from the list. That will show you a listing of everyone on the ladder. At the top of that list you will see a link to submit a game report. Click on that and it will take you to a new page.

On that page fill out the info, ensuring that you select the tournament option. Then on the second page you will get the option to select the scenario you played for the tourney. This will make sure the results show up on the tourney page.

Once you've done it you will get the hang of it. Let me know if you have any problems.

Regards,
Rich

Leftie
17 Nov 05, 22:19
I updated Rich and Dean's scores on the WARS page. My game is looking like it might not make it too much longer if I can't manage to regroup my men. Ernie just blasted through my lines and caused some HEAVY casualties. Hopefully his reserves aren't as strong...time will tell I guess.

Jim Cobb
17 Nov 05, 22:41
Done! Thanks.

Jim Hall
18 Nov 05, 11:06
Playing Moondog, I am French we are pushing hard but routing is hard to achieve

KG_RangerBooBoo
23 Nov 05, 11:44
Well my game is over. After about 4 turns most of my Prussians had routed away. Not much fun for m that is for sure. I would suggest we use rout limiting next time.

rahamy
23 Nov 05, 12:21
Hi Mark,

Not trying to stir anything here :halo: , but I held my Prussians together for the most part until the next to last turn, where 15 ran away.

This is historical also, as the 2 Old Guard battalions routed 14 Prussian battlions late in the day.

The nature of the terrain (town fighting) and then the small map make it a challenge to prevent mass routs, but it is possible. Just make sure to leave some gaps in your lines.

I won't protest if there is a rules change, but by my experiance using rout limiting skews the game and makes troops stay on line much too long.

Regards,
Rich

Jim Cobb
23 Nov 05, 12:31
Yeah, I'm doing better initially as Prussians in the mirror game.

KG_RangerBooBoo
23 Nov 05, 16:27
Well I had gaps in the line but I was probably just the victim of bad die rolls but it sure kind of put a sour taste in my mouth. If all my guys hadn't of routed until the next to last turn then I would have been alright but after the 4th turn I didn't have but my original force and there was just only a handful left and they were scattered from one end of the other. He could have run me down pretty easily.

Leftie
23 Nov 05, 19:20
Well I had gaps in the line but I was probably just the victim of bad die rolls but it sure kind of put a sour taste in my mouth. If all my guys hadn't of routed until the next to last turn then I would have been alright but after the 4th turn I didn't have but my original force and there was just only a handful left and they were scattered from one end of the other. He could have run me down pretty easily.

Well if it makes you feel any better, I am having trouble routing the Prussians as the French. So I can only imagine how I will fare when playing as the Prussians.

rahamy
26 Nov 05, 11:57
Dean and I just completed our second match...this one ended as a draw as well! :bandit:

Leftie
01 Dec 05, 02:19
Well Ernie stomped me pretty badly during our first match. Sad thing was that I played the French side :laugh: . We are setup for our mirrored match right now. I expect this one to go a little more quickly than the last did.

Just a word of advice to anyone else out there waiting on turns. If you think you are waiting on your partner to return your turn, make sure he isn't waiting on you to send the turn you thought you did.

Gary McClellan
02 Dec 05, 10:22
Nik and I are proceeding apace. Well into round one, his french have the lead but I'm making him bleed for it.

Jim Cobb
02 Dec 05, 15:49
I'm doing better, i.e. made it past Turn 8.

dannybou
05 Dec 05, 12:49
Still holding off the Prussians in my game 2.

Jim Cobb
11 Dec 05, 12:21
Well, I didn't totally disgrace myself this time. I held Rich to a minor vic.

Pirimeister
11 Dec 05, 16:34
Me and Mark are on the final turn of game 1. I wish I could be wrong, but I think he will manage to take home a French minor victory.

I was too coy in my actions when I saw so many Guard units facing me (and read some posts about the prussians being in dire straits, so I kept my audacity in the bag.

Still, with the quality of most of my units, I can't really complain... (ok, maybe just a tiny little bit) :cheeky:

Cheers!
Paulo

Lucas Kling
12 Dec 05, 11:42
Alan and I finished our mirror match a few days ago. A draw it was.

Now, on the tournament site it says "In the event of a draw we will look at the score, the player with the higher points will get 7 points and the lesser 5 points."

Now, is that something we do? Or is that something the admins do?

Leftie
14 Dec 05, 00:48
Alan and I finished our mirror match a few days ago. A draw it was.

Now, on the tournament site it says "In the event of a draw we will look at the score, the player with the higher points will get 7 points and the lesser 5 points."

Now, is that something we do? Or is that something the admins do?

I need one of you to tell me the exact scores for the battle. Obviously the person with the higher score will get 7 points and the person with the lower score will get 5 points.

Jim Cobb
18 Dec 05, 10:51
Is the second round soon?

Leftie
18 Dec 05, 18:25
As soon as everyone gets their mirrior battles complete. I realize that some people play at a faster pace than others but please have patience. I wanted to be able to include as many people as possible in this tourney, so that's why some of the games aren't moving as fast as others. Some participants can only play a couple turns a week.

Ben

Jim Cobb
19 Dec 05, 19:20
Yeah, I hear that. Maybe if I took a little more time, I could manage a draw.

Gary McClellan
24 Dec 05, 18:17
Just finished the first game with Rifleman95th, his French managed a minor.