PDA

View Full Version : Best game to buy.

Wodin
28 Oct 05, 18:33
I may fancy dipping my toe into the Napoleonic games.

Which would you recommend as the first buy?

Im considering Waterloo as my knowledge of the Napoleonic wars is limited at the moment.

This will chnage shortly as its on my to study list.

Also I really enjoy the PzC series so how different are these games?

Im hoping its a totally new experience yet the backbone of the games to be similar and as fun as the PzC series.

Thanks

Jim Cobb
28 Oct 05, 20:24
I'd get Waterloo. I'm fascinated with the 1809 games but then I study the evolution of the Austrian army.

Leftie
28 Oct 05, 21:10
I may fancy dipping my toe into the Napoleonic games.

Which would you recommend as the first buy?

Im considering Waterloo as my knowledge of the Napoleonic wars is limited at the moment.

This will chnage shortly as its on my to study list.

Also I really enjoy the PzC series so how different are these games?

Im hoping its a totally new experience yet the backbone of the games to be similar and as fun as the PzC series.

Thanks

Wodin,

Each of the games definitely has their own flavor. If I were you, I would choose the game that interested me the most. I know you mentioned Waterloo, that's a great choice. There are a lot of great scenarios there and we are having a Waterloo Tournament starting on November 5th.

rahamy
28 Oct 05, 23:26
Wodin,

It will be a pretty big jump from the PZC & SB series of games. As you know, John's interface is the same, so you will be able to figure it out - but the play is totaly differnt, IMHO. I've been breaking in another PZC player, Stephen Duncan, to Waterloo and he enjoys it, but there is a learning curve.

Post any questions you have here, once you get what ever game you are going to, and we'll make sure to get them answered.

Regards,
Rich

dannybou
29 Oct 05, 00:27
I'd go with Waterloo. A more familiar campaign, graphic improvements.

Metar
31 Oct 05, 06:46
I'm planning to do the opposite passing from Napoleonic to SB and PZC
this I suppose will be a big jump because the way of making war is totally different
any opinions?

rahamy
31 Oct 05, 08:17
Hope to see you join the ladder hee Sir!

I just made a post in the PZC section with some info on it for you. But, in short, yes, the PZC & SB games are quite a bit differnt. Check out the site I linked in the other thread to get you up and running.

Regards,
Rich

Sgt_Rock
04 Nov 05, 22:36
As a first game I would recommend NRC. Its got far more battles and in my opinion gives you the most historical bang for the buck.

Charlie Cutshall who worked on Waterloo is the Scenario Designer. He did a fabulous job in creating the campaign file for the game. Every 1812 batte that was fought is included.