PDA

View Full Version : Napoleonic tournment incoming

Pirimeister
23 Oct 05, 16:04
Gentlemen,

I'm pleased to announce you that the Napoleonic Battles section is going to host a tournment open to all. The only requisite is that you must be registered with WARS and on the Nap ladder.

The tourney - "Waterloo by the Numbers" will be it's name- will consist of two phases, where all the players will play both sides of each phase's scenarios, albeit against diferent opponents. In this way we offer variety of opponents and give people the taste of what's like to be in the other side's shoes.

The first phase scenario will be 017.Plancenoit_v3.scn, a 14-turn scenario, to get you guys going with a light load.

The second phase scenario will be 033.The_Ridge_v2.scn, a bit shorter scenario, with 6 turns but more units and a larger map.

The rules to be used are the following:

Victory points for leader casualties
Isolation rules
Melee terrain modifiers
Column pass through fire
Target density modifier
Weak zone of control
Line movement restrictions
Flank moral modifier
Multiple cavalary melees
Multiple infantry melees
We are looking for a 2 turns a week tourn-around time. In this way we can keep the games going without shutting people out that don't have as much time to play.

Since this is no cheap section, we will be offering, to the winner of this first tournment, bragging rights "wearable" until the end of the next tourney. We know this offer is enough to swamp us with "sign-me up Scotty" requests, but we felt that we could be even more generous, so there will be prizes for the 1st and 2nd places.

We're aiming to start it on November 5th, but this is not yet set in stone. It will depend on the number of people we have by them, so feel free to sign up right away, using this thread. We'll be checking it and we'l use it as the official thread for all tourney related matters.

To finalize, if you have any input you feel usefull for the tourney go ahead and post it too. Youre more than welcomed!

Cheers!
Paulo

KG_RangerBooBoo
23 Oct 05, 17:25
Sign me up!

Leftie
23 Oct 05, 17:32
For those of you who visit other forums or know players who might not visit these boards on a regular occassion, please help us get the word out about the tourney. It will definitely be worth their time.

dannybou
23 Oct 05, 18:15
I'm in also.

rahamy
23 Oct 05, 18:50
I'm in! :D

Will get the word out as well...

garoco
23 Oct 05, 19:08
Please let me knwon when start the tournament. Thanks in advance

Dean Beecham
23 Oct 05, 19:24
:nuts: :nuts: Put me down.

I am away from the 25th till the 31st,But will be ready and waiting for the 5th, :smoke:

dannybou
23 Oct 05, 21:03
Please let me knwon when start the tournament. Thanks in advance
Welcome to the forum mate!

Jim Cobb
23 Oct 05, 21:18
I'm in, thus giving a deserving soul a leg up.

Leftie
23 Oct 05, 21:37
I'm in, thus giving a deserving soul a leg up.

Hah! I don't think you are the only one. I never said I was any good at the games either.

Gary McClellan
23 Oct 05, 23:05
I'm in, yet another patsie

ernies
24 Oct 05, 03:07
Sign me up.

Rifleman95th
24 Oct 05, 03:41
I'm in.

Um where do we sign up for the Nappy Ladder?

Nik

dannybou
24 Oct 05, 04:12
I'm in.

Um where do we sign up for the Nappy Ladder?

Nik
Go into the WARS area besides the Quick link at the top of the page right underneath where you can see if you have personal messages.

Jim Cobb
24 Oct 05, 08:26
Go into the WARS area besides the Quick link at the top of the page right underneath where you can see if you have personal messages.

Not listed there yet.

rahamy
24 Oct 05, 08:30
Guys,

So you know, you won't actually be listed on the ladder until you complete and register an end game. To make sure you are part of the ladder though go to the W.A.R.S. link, then choose "Join/Leave Ladder" and check the box for the appropriate ladders you wish to be a part of.

Regards,
Rich

Atle
24 Oct 05, 10:20
Count me in, Gentlemen! :laugh:

Atle

Jim Hall
24 Oct 05, 15:44
Just back from holiday, so my hat is in the ring.
Jim

aysi$
29 Oct 05, 21:26
Please sign me up for this tournment

Thanks
Mark

moondog
01 Nov 05, 19:23
but please count me in!

Lucas Kling
02 Nov 05, 12:53
I won't be a challenge to anyone but I'll do my best :) . Sign me up!

hrik
02 Nov 05, 13:21
Sign me up for the tourney. Here's my email address in case you don't have it:

fow65@yahoo.co.uk

Alan Hartwick
02 Nov 05, 18:19
If you need another to even it up and if I am not too late I'll join in.

Leftie
02 Nov 05, 18:46
ok I added all your names. If anyone knows someone else who wants to participate, let them know they have to sign up today.

rob.field
02 Nov 05, 22:52
Sounds like fun...count me in.

rahamy
02 Nov 05, 23:43
Pretty darn good I'd say...18 particpants as of Wednesday night! :smoke:

Pirimeister
03 Nov 05, 06:07
You see how the promise of bragging rights motivates people to sign up? ;) :cheeky:

Hope all you guys have fun with the tournment!

Paulo

rahamy
25 Mar 06, 08:36
Unsticking this since it is well underway...

Lucas Kling
31 Mar 06, 09:22
So, what's the status of the tournament? I see there are several games still ongoing.

rahamy
31 Mar 06, 09:28
Ben is still in Korea on field ops, so it will be mid to late April before he is able to get back and complete his matches. My opponent is having pc trouble so neither of our games are completed either. So, still a while yet...

As I've seen reports coming in though I've been making the appropriat point entries on the tournament page, so that's up to date.