PDA

View Full Version : Wagram question - scenario download availability?

trauth116
16 Oct 05, 13:31
Ok not enough room in the subject line to actually define this- so sorry if it appeared a bit like a hook.

I was going through my games ( basically looking up all the largest scenarios -- mainly to reply to someone about relative value for the money on another thread -but I digress).

I was into Wagram and tried opening up the Aspern Essling scenario 08G_Wag.scn to be technical - and it has an error reading scenario file. Which I suppose means it is missing some sort of data.

This one was designed by Bill Peters - so it should be out there somewhere, however I noticed that we did not have it available for download -- and worse I could not find it anywhere else.

This one is a big big scenario (well map-wise it is) - and I would like to get it to work if at all possible. Any assistance/direction is appreciated.

~Steve :smoke:

rahamy
16 Oct 05, 15:40
It's a stock scenario from the game Steve, so any fix would be included in the patch, not as a seperate download. I concur though, as I can't get the file to open on my system either. I have mailed Bill and will let you know where there's a fix.

trauth116
16 Oct 05, 17:14
First thing I did was check the disk -and it was not on there - anyway anything Bill can do will be appreciated :)

See I would never have noticed it if it was one of the smaller scenarios. :laugh:

Sgt_Rock
17 Oct 05, 04:11
This scenario got into a patch by accident. I will be putting out a good version of the scenario for the next patch. Probably something really fun for you guys. Keep your eyes peeled for a patch in the next few months.

Jim Cobb
17 Oct 05, 08:53
:confused: :confused: Months?? What do you mean "months"?

trauth116
17 Oct 05, 16:21
Thx for the response Bill

Sgt_Rock
17 Oct 05, 21:03
Jim Cobb - Good to have met you at Tiller Con I.

"Months" as in this is not a show-stopper thus for now the other 100 plus scenarios will suffice the gamer.

If Wag_8g.scn was a scenario that was part of the campaign I would get a mini patch out right away but since its not and is really not a scenario that should have been in the game at all I am not going to worry over it.

We have some mods that will be worth the wait anyway and they still need testing. Thus I dont want to waste John Tiller's time with putting out a patch at this time.

Jim Cobb
17 Oct 05, 21:11
Gotcha!

Good meeting you, too.

Al Berke and I are working on a survey article for John's Nappy series. I have Eckmuhl and Wagram.

Sgt_Rock
18 Oct 05, 16:10
Gotcha!

Good meeting you, too.

Al Berke and I are working on a survey article for John's Nappy series. I have Eckmuhl and Wagram.

I look forward to reading your article. Be sure to post a URL to it when its been put up on the web.

Jim Cobb
18 Oct 05, 19:41
Will do. Thanks.