PDA

View Full Version : What are you playing right now?

rahamy
20 Sep 05, 23:20
What are you playing in these series of games right now? Me personally I have the following 10 games going:

Waterloo - Quatre Bras (historical), two full-map campaigns & Hypo battles #18

Eckmuhl - massive multiplayer game using my "Monseter Eckmuhl Mod", 4 players per side.

FIW - Scenario #17 - Fort Oswego, Dean and I are playing through all the scenarios in order. Also on the third battle in a 1758 Campaign.

1812 - Bladensburg

1776 - custom scenario, "Long Way Home" & on the second battle of a Northern Campaign.

:smoke:

Jim Cobb
21 Sep 05, 08:51
G'burg; Eckmuhl; 1st Blitzkrieg.

Glyn
21 Sep 05, 09:54
Waterloo - 2 full-map campaigns, including the one we are about to start. :D - 1 battle - Papelotte company level scen.

Gettysburg - 1 full campaign

Shiloh - Just about to partake in a Multi-player battle of the full historical Shiloh battle.

FIW - 1 - Custom Campaign Game (le Tour de Siskuhhana ) on to our final battle.

I think that is enough... :shock:

dannybou
21 Sep 05, 10:11
Campaign Waterloo, Eckhmul, War of 1812 Lundy's Lane, and a few PzC games as well.

rahamy
21 Sep 05, 11:29
I was only talking about the games supported on this ladder! :laugh:

I've got 4 other games going as well, 3 CWB & 1 PZC. :D

Glyn
21 Sep 05, 12:48
Oohh !! :OHNO:

Now I don't enough room .... :o

KG_RangerBooBoo
21 Sep 05, 13:50
1 Waterloo Campaign
1 1776 scenario with Rich

antonius
23 Sep 05, 18:40
Waterloo - Grouchy Marches to the Sounds of the Guns (multi-player)
Waterloo Campaign battle - Chatelet
Waterloo Campaign battle - Soleilmont
Eckmuhl - A04 Hunting Davout (multi-player)

Corinth Campaign battle - Grand Junction / La Grange

1776 - SDC067 Revised Bunker Hill

Atle
25 Sep 05, 16:02
Currently I am playing:

NRC - Campaign (1st battle - somewhere in the vicinity of Smolensk...)

Campaign Waterloo - The full campaign in one scenario. Very fun :cheeky:

1812 - Bladensburg

FIW - Albany

(And lots of ACW, MC and PzC games :cool: )

Leftie
26 Sep 05, 09:01
I have had to contend with playing the computer on my deployment but I have Campaign games of 1776 and Wagram going right now. Although I may have to restart now that I have had the oportunity to download the updates to the games onto my laptop.

I should be back in town the first week of October and then I will be up for some human opponents.

Dean Beecham
26 Sep 05, 21:00
Waterloo the Long scn Campaign,i have two of them on the go,
Eck two campaigns,One Campaign scn Great Battle Very long and i am on the last 100 turns,and two other scn,
Wagram ,One scn,
FIW this is with Rich,and it will be going until all scn have been played,Also playing Albany with Atle,MP game.

Pluss ACW and WW2,but we dont need to go into that, :cheeky:

Sgt_Rock
17 Oct 05, 04:37
Three PzC:Salerno scenarios - Crete, Salerno, Anzio - all the historical campaign scenarios. Nice and small and easy to manage.

One Bulge '44 (substituted the Kursk '43 German OB for the stock German B44 OB to make up a huge scenario)

One Rzhev '42 scenario - my own creation - its a drive on Moscow scenario in the Fall. Soviets attack from the north and try and hold the line in the east.

One F&IW Quebec campaign scenario (the last one for the campaign)

One 1812:Invasion of Canada scenario (hint: "we took a little bacon and we took a little beans ..")

One 1776: Historical Brandywine - MP game.

One NRC: Twin Peaks MP Game (4x4 with a CinC per side who issues orders)

One Eckmuhl game: Hunt for Davout (my personal favorite of all of the Eckmuhl scenarios I designed for the game) - rematch - had my clock cleaned in game #1. Going back for more.

One Waterloo full blown - one scenario campaign fight - MP game - I am Blucher. Day 1 is almost over and its a toss up. Allies have the numbers but cant take their advantage too seriously as they have a wide front to cover.

Alan Sharif
18 Oct 05, 04:15
I have a game of HPS Waterloo underway at the moment (Q Bras historical scen) plus off topic im playing the new Pz Campaign Moscow 41.

18 Oct 05, 07:59
Sorry to jump in here ,but who makes The war of 1812? Where do i get a copy of it? This is one of my favourite time periods. From reading your different posts it would be a good idea for someone starting out to get Waterloo? :smoke:

Leftie
18 Oct 05, 08:13
Sorry to jump in here ,but who makes The war of 1812? Where do i get a copy of it? This is one of my favourite time periods. From reading your different posts it would be a good idea for someone starting out to get Waterloo? :smoke:

Wayne,

HPS Simulations makes The War of 1812. It is part of the Early American Battles series of games. Also included in this series are Campaign 1776 and The French and Indian War.

Of the three I only own Campaign 1776 but it is one of my favorite John Tiller games.

The Napoleonic games include The Russian Campaign, Eckmuhl, Wagram, and Waterloo.

If you go to www.hpssims.com, you can check out all the series of games for yourself. In this section we primarily cater to the Early American and Napoleonic era but many of us also play Squad Battles or the Panzer Campaigns.

As far as good games to start with, Waterloo would be an excellent choice. We are actually planning out a Waterloo tournament in the near future.

If you have any other questions or comments, let me know and I will try to answer them.

Ben

18 Oct 05, 22:16
I will look into this . Maybe get it and into your tourney. Hope a store near me has them. :smoke:

rahamy
18 Oct 05, 22:26
Not sure if they are near you or not, but here's a Canadian dealer of the HPS games:

http://www.militaryhobbies.ca/

dannybou
19 Oct 05, 12:58
I will look into this . Maybe get it and into your tourney. Hope a store near me has them. :smoke:
Actually Chris over at NWS has great prices.

trauth116
19 Oct 05, 14:45
Also don't discount Amazon.com either ...

Sgt_Rock
21 Oct 05, 22:44
And our own Rich Hamilton did alot of the Scenario Design work along with Al Amos. Kudos to Rich for a fine game (as well as French and Indian War).