PDA

View Full Version : Wishing upon a star...

Pirimeister
01 Sep 05, 19:22
I know that HPS and J. Tiller & Co. have the timetables and the campaigns they choose to "game" planned well in advance and I know that the historical reserch that goes into several sequential titles goes on simultaneosly (at least I'm under that impression), but would like to leave a simple fan request - actualy, it's more like two requests:

#1 - Can we have the Jena Campaign? It lends itself well to be gamed, because the scales on that one were tipped over by the briliance of Napoleon's plan (I'm simplifying of course, but I think you get the point).

And the idea of being able to fight Auerstadt, with the great maps this series is know for is simply mouth-watering.

#2 - Can we have a peninsula Campaign game? I have never played any "proper" Peninsula games for the PC (I've tried the mods to Talonsoft's NiR, but the maps and the terrain felt too bland) and I think this campaign is interesting enough to make it into the series. And I know I'm not the only one that thinks like this.

There you go. 2 simple requests to place in the Napoleonic Campaigns serie's suggestion box, for what they're worth.

Cheers!
Paulo

Jim Cobb
01 Sep 05, 20:49
I would agree but would reverse the two and toss in the Italian campaigns. Can anybody say "Marengo"?

dannybou
01 Sep 05, 21:39
Oh my..... Austerlitz, Jena, Marengo, Eylau...... please!!!!!

Pirimeister
01 Sep 05, 21:52
You guys... :devil:

I was wishing upon a tiny star, so I purposedly "forgot" to ask about a "Napoleon does Italy" Campaign game. That would be asking too much to these hard working folks.

Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course! :laugh:

I knew that Jim is also one of those waiting for a Peninsula Campaign, so I'm definetly not alone on this one.

Now, I don't want to sound blasé, but I happy getting my Austerliz fix from another little gem: "Austerlitz: Napoleon's Greatest Victory". This game is still great fun to play and since this battle is the napoleonic "Normandy", the wise folks at HPS should "take the road less traveled".

My 2 cents. And change.

rahamy
07 Sep 05, 09:19
All I can say guys is that more is on the way... :)