PDA

View Full Version : Nap/EAW in WARS?

Gary McClellan
25 May 05, 10:37
Well, now that we have this nifty new forum, what are the odds of getting the games into WARS?

I can see a few people I'm ready to show the pointy end of a bayonet :halo:

rahamy
25 May 05, 13:34
I'm ready for it. :D

I have all the EAW scenarios in electronic format...would have to work a bit to get the Nap stuff, but it could be done.

trauth116
25 May 05, 14:31
It probably depends upong how popular the higher powers preceive this to be -- so mantain your enthusiasm -and get people in here :)

Now - caveat- I have not learned the system yet - and if this is ever enacted I will be changing my user name to patsy :cool:

CyberRanger
25 May 05, 21:53
I have all the EAW scenarios in electronic format...would have to work a bit to get the Nap stuff, but it could be done.Based on what we've done over in the CWB section, do you think up-loading all the scenarios is still the way to go, or showed we put in a few popular ones and let the others be requested as needed? The CWB's scenario drop-down list is mighty long ... and getting longer!

rahamy
25 May 05, 22:03
Well, you definitely have a point. There's pros and cons to each.

If we add them in we have a nice, clean, structred way they all go in, but then have hundreds of scenarios to choose from.

If we add them as requested it's much easier to find the match, but we'll loose some of the uniformity.

I guess the best, and easiest thing to do is just add them as they are requested. With 7 games supported we are talking about a lot of scenarios!

Also, I think the scoring format we chose for the CWB section would be appropriate here as well. Campaign bonuses and all. The games are very similar after all.

Gary McClellan
25 May 05, 22:06
Initially, I would say it would be helpful to include the "main" battles from the games... the ones that alot of people will go to right off

Waterloo: Historical Waterloo, Ligny, Quatre Bras, twin L-QB
Wagram: Wagram, Aspern-Essling
NRC: Borodino
1776: Bunker Hill, 1st Saratoga
1812: New Orleans

Just saying that those will be the ones that people will jump at "right away" (in my not very humble opinion)

rahamy
25 May 05, 22:09
Good point...any chance I could talk you into working with Brent on getting him the info he needs? :halo:

CyberRanger
25 May 05, 22:12
Initially, I would say it would be helpful to include the "main" battles from the games... the ones that alot of people will go to right off

Waterloo: Historical Waterloo, Ligny, Quatre Bras, twin L-QB
Wagram: Wagram, Aspern-Essling
NRC: Borodino
1776: Bunker Hill, 1st Saratoga
1812: New Orleans

Just saying that those will be the ones that people will jump at "right away" (in my not very humble opinion)

Agreed! Can you give me the actual scenario names (just a few will be fine, enough to get it started)? I'll set the format like this:

Scenario Name (Game)

So Bordino will be: Borodino (NRC)

That way, when someone is using the drop-down list, he can press the first letter of the scenario name and get moved to about the right place on the list.

Gary McClellan
25 May 05, 22:13
I can, though I won't have time to assemble it until Fri-Sat

ETA: maybe I can tonight... is that all you need, names. Not turn numbers or the like?

If so, I'll get it to you before I go to bed.

CyberRanger
25 May 05, 22:14
I can, though I won't have time to assemble it until Fri-Sat?
Nothing that fancy, how about even one real scenario name from each game? That way, others can see the format. But, no rush!

Gary McClellan
25 May 05, 22:16
Sure, I'll get it fired off a bit later tonight. Nothing huge, but a few select from each game. Just names, that's easy.

Reiryc
25 May 05, 22:17
Also could use AAR and PBEM opponent finder subforums if possible. :D

dannybou
25 May 05, 22:24
Also could use AAR and PBEM opponent finder subforums if possible. :D
Very important indeed.

CyberRanger
25 May 05, 22:36
Also could use AAR and PBEM opponent finder subforums if possible. :DDone!

dannybou
25 May 05, 22:38
Wow Brent you work fast!! :)

CyberRanger
25 May 05, 22:55
Sure, I'll get it fired off a bit later tonight. Nothing huge, but a few select from each game. Just names, that's easy.
That would be great. I already have the basics setup with Rich as an admin for now of the NB ladder. Once we get even one scenario in, then folks can request the one they need. Send to dlayman AT rr.triad DOT com. Thanks! (or just post here!)

dannybou
25 May 05, 22:58
Based on what we've done over in the CWB section, do you think up-loading all the scenarios is still the way to go, or showed we put in a few popular ones and let the others be requested as needed? The CWB's scenario drop-down list is mighty long ... and getting longer!
That's what the PzC ladder looks like, lot's of scenarios, so I stopped putting the scenarios in and am letting the players request them instead.

Reiryc
25 May 05, 23:29
Done!

Danke good sir!

Gary McClellan
25 May 05, 23:54
The address you gave me came up bad.

Here's the basic list. Of course it is only a starter

The Battle of Borodino Historical (SBBorodino.scn) (NRC)
The Battle of Aspern-Essling (03H1) (Wagram)
Two Days at Wagram (10H_Wag) (Wagram)
The Battle of Eckmuhl (H10) (Eckmuhl)
The Battle of Ligny (008) (CW)
Waterloo (037) (CW)
The Heights of Abraham (059) (FIW)
The Battle of Bunker Hill, June 17th, 1775 (1776)
The First Battle of Saratoga, September 19th, 1777 (1776)
The Battle of Lundy's Lane, July 25th, 1814 (1812)
The Battle of New Orleans, January 8, 1815 (1812)

CyberRanger
26 May 05, 06:45
I've add two for now, more later. (http://www.strategyzoneonline.com/forums/wfhq-ld-scenario-list.php?scenario=&type=s&ladder=Napoleonic%252FEA%2BBattles&ScenarioSearch=Search+for+Scenario) Notice how I've tried to make the first letter significant. We don't want all the scenario names starting with "The" or "Battle".

Also, thoughts on handling CW (Wargram) and CW (Waterloo). Maybe CWm and CWo? ?

One more request - can you tell me how the game names the two sides in each scenario? I'd like to have that match and not just be my guess. THANKS!

Gary McClellan
26 May 05, 09:29
For Waterloo and Wagram, I'd say
CWg -Wagram
CWl- -Waterloo

Sides:
Nap games:
NRC: French Russian
CE/CWg French Austrian
CWl: French Allied

1776, 1812: American British

FIW: French British

Those are consistant designations, hardwired into each game.

KG_RangerBooBoo
26 May 05, 11:33
Could you go ahead and add the following scenario from Waterloo.

022.Quatre Bras_h

Reiryc and I are playing this one right now.

CyberRanger
26 May 05, 11:37
Could you go ahead and add the following scenario from Waterloo.
022.Quatre Bras_h
Done!