PDA

View Full Version : new squad battles games?

foster
22 Feb 05, 00:03
Does anyone know if there are going to be any more squad battles games coming out in the near future? and if so when will we here more info about them?

It whould be a real shame if HPS sims stoped making these great games. :OHNO:

Glenn Saunders
22 Feb 05, 01:43
I know there is more in the works but I am not sure what the release dates are Foster. The Series isn't dead, that is for sure - John just had to take some time on a contract last year and is gearing up again with new games.

Glenn

Wodin
22 Feb 05, 06:14
I believe something is happening quite soon.

Also there are several titles lined up for future release, so my sources say.

Paulinski
09 Mar 05, 12:28
What conflict/theater can we expect....Somebody spill the beans pls :cool:

trauth116
09 Mar 05, 14:18
Much as I would like to know too Paulinski -but after the France 40 PzC thing - I bet HPS would be even more tight-lipped as ever -- however in a way, that is a good thing - as why get hopes up for things before they exist.

I was really drooling over Age of Ironclads about 8 or so years ago - only to have it turn into Talonsoft Vapourware... still hoping someone does that -or something similar someday :)

Wodin
09 Mar 05, 18:40
What conflict/theater can we expect....Somebody spill the beans pls :cool:

Several titles are in the works and I expect they will come along like buses...........you wait for ages and then three turn up at once.

I have no idea what is next though expect one to be post Cold War era or later.

The reason they dont release what the game swill be is to stop people clamouring around about what should be and shouldnt be included and maybe negative hype.

Glenn Saunders
10 Mar 05, 01:59
> The reason they dont release what the game swill be is to stop people clamouring around about what should be and shouldnt be included and maybe negative hype.

BINGO!

Tell people too early and someone will find a resaon to try and convince people why this would be a dumb title before even hearing how the game was setup.

Glenn

Dazooz
02 Mar 07, 09:21
So...any new games in the works?

:)

rahamy
02 Mar 07, 21:48
Maybe... :cool:

TheBigRedOne
19 Mar 07, 00:55
Squad Battles: Neanderthal?

Scenario: 1,000,000 BC. Grog and his squad of warriors come across a villiage while hunting Mastadons. Noting that they had an ample amount of fire and furs, they opt to probe the villiage's defenses, hoping to find a weak spot. Little did they know that the enemy was waiting for them....

FastPhil
19 Mar 07, 19:16
Well we have not seen ROTR:Retreat of the Reich and also SB :Mediterranean covering Africa, Italy, and the Balkans. :lier:

TheBigRedOne
19 Mar 07, 21:12
As much as I'm enjoying the WWII games, part of me would like to see some modern conflicts. Different weapons, vehicles, tactics. I've been meaning to play more Africa at War, but there's only so much time to get through the games I'm exploring. I'll probably buy whatever new game comes out, just to have for a rainy, or snowy day...

Mike Cox
21 Mar 07, 11:42
Well we have not seen ROTR:Retreat of the Reich and also SB :Mediterranean covering Africa, Italy, and the Balkans. :lier:

Well my choice of of titles for those games would be:

Smashing The Reich and Med War.

Would also like to see one based on British and Commonwealth troops - Tommy Atkins' War.