PDA

View Full Version : Looking for PBEM

Mini-Me
19 Jan 05, 11:28
Hi,

I'd be interested in a PBEM game of El Alamein. I've never played PBEM before, so I'd need to know how it works. I'd like to start with something small, say 15 or so turns. I'll take either side, I'm not picky. Anyone interested? - and patient?

Also, I'd be willing to play something from Fulda Gap.

Arnhem
19 Jan 05, 19:08
Hiya MM,

I don't have EL but I do have FG and time for a small scneario, I've just started PBEMing myself, why don't you pick a scenario? We could mirror it if you want.

Chris

Mini-Me
19 Jan 05, 20:02
OK, let me look through the scenarios and pick 3 or 4. Then we'll decide on 1. I also have to see whether or not I have Vman's art pack installed or not. Like I said before, I'm new to PBEM, so I have 0 clue how it works. I am a fast learner though. :) Hopefully I'll be able to say the same for my skill vs. someone other than the AI. I'll get back to ya tomorrow and let you know how I've got my game configured with the add-ons, and I'll have the scenarios.

Arnhem
19 Jan 05, 21:57
No worries mate, take your time, PBEM games aren't difficult to get going at all so all you have to do is worry about which scenario to pick, Vman's art packs rock! Playing without those installed just ain't the same.

Mini-Me
19 Jan 05, 23:46
OK, I found 3 that would fit the bill. Ranked 1 thru 3:
1) #13_01:Clash of Brothers
2) #15_01s:The Northern Flank
3) #10_06s:Encounter at Kassel

I do not have the art packs loaded, so I'll try and get them tonight. I did down the 1974 stuff, but for some reason I didn't put the main art pack on. I agree that they rock, I'm playing the Korea campaign against the AI, and I really like the way they look. My favorite has to be the U.S. ITV.

I've never used explicit supply, so on this first game I'd like to just use the default virtual supply rules. I'd like to try explicit supply against the AI first so I can get the hang of it.

I'll let you know when I get the art pack loaded. If any of those scenarios screams "Play Me!" tell me which one and we'll do that one.

Mini-Me
20 Jan 05, 08:56
I got the art pack loaded, so I'm ready to go. How about #13_01 Clash of Brothers?

Arnhem
20 Jan 05, 18:36
I got the art pack loaded, so I'm ready to go. How about #13_01 Clash of Brothers?
I'm good to go, pick a side, I believe the East Germans go first, if you want to play them just start the game and send me the turn. My email addy's in your PM.

Chris

Mini-Me
20 Jan 05, 22:40
All right, we're up and running. I guess we'll see whether the political officers have instilled the proper discipline in my troops!