PDA

View Full Version : Military branch nicknames, jokes and insults

Wolfleader
06 Oct 04, 20:16
A while ago I heard on another forum I a joke about how Marine is really an acronym for Muscles Are Required Intelligence Not Essential (To which another forumer retorted by calling the other's branch of service the 'Chair Force') and found myself wondering what are the other joke nicknames for the other military branches are there?

Tim McBride
06 Oct 04, 22:39
Marines
Always
Ride
In
Navy
Equipment

++++

Ain't
Really
Marines
Yet

++++

Only ones I know

BarcelonaBlom
07 Oct 04, 07:06
A while ago I heard on another forum I a joke about how Marine is really an acronym for Muscles Are Required Intelligence Not Essential (To which another forumer retorted by calling the other's branch of service the 'Chair Force') and found myself wondering what are the other joke nicknames for the other military branches are there?
To intelligence non-essential. We could say that the Army takes G.E.D.'s (General Education Degree) and the Marines only take G.E.D.'s with 20 (in that area) college hours. But then they opened up G.E.D.'s and they can't use it as an excuse anymore.

MajorH
07 Oct 04, 10:52
U_ncle
S_am's
M_isguided
C_hildren

Was frequently seen grafitti during the Vietnam War.

freightshaker
07 Oct 04, 12:55
US ARMY
Y: yes
M: my
R: rotten
A: a##
S: signed
U: up

You only see it once your wearing the uniform. :D

Scout Out
07 Oct 04, 13:01
U_ncle
S_am

A_in't
R_elased
M_e
Y_et

Marines
08 Oct 04, 00:55
U_ncle
S_am's
M_isguided
C_hildren

My favorite. :D

FallenAngelASB
08 Oct 04, 01:18
U
Suck
My
C..andy

Well not that exactly but I think you guys get the meaning, I asked a marine the question of what the many acronyms were once and he told me this....

It was good times, he cracked me up.

Jon@lbc
13 Jan 05, 10:53
Hey this thread is cool.

TacCovert4
18 Jan 05, 20:39
U_ncle
S_am's
M_isguided
C_hildren

Hu-rah!

Iron Mike USMC
18 Jan 05, 21:07
My favorite. :D

Since I was "just" post-Vietnam, we used it quite a lot.

MountainMan
22 Jan 05, 02:25
Quite a while back the Army started referring to it's re-organized divisions as STRAC. The acronym was presented officially to the troops as also meaning Skilled, Tough, Ready Around the Clock

It very quicky became:

Stupid Troopers Running Around in Circles

Scram! The Russians Are Coming!

I don't know if it fits this particular category, but the accronym for rear echelon troops has long been REMF's, as in Rear Echelon Mother F*****'s.

We also had Chairborne Warriors, Latrine Commandos, and of course, our beloved West Pointers, whom we often referred to as Rent-A-Leader's.

freightshaker
22 Jan 05, 02:55
Could also add to the list: DAT-Dumb A** Tanker, Rotorheads, Garrison Troopers, and Ribbon Warriors.

Jon@lbc
22 Jan 05, 09:33
Bill Mauldin once called garrison troopers "Garritroopers". It showed Willie and Joe looking at two R.Lee. Ermey type garritrooper sergeants. Willie and Joe both looked at him and said "We call these guys garritroopers they is too far back to get shot but to far up to wear a tie"
Our good friend Mr. Mauldin got in trouble with the 82nd airborne because they thought it was a veiled insult on the paratroopers.

freightshaker
22 Jan 05, 11:31
Just love Bill Mauldin. Can only find 2 of his books (are there more?) but still love looking at them over and over.

BigDog
22 Jan 05, 22:19
N o
C hance
O utside

Not acronyms but a few I remember from my time in.

Squids or squidly diddlies (Navy), Wignuts (AirForce), Mud Puppies (Military Police), Gun Bunnies (arty), Ring Knockers (West Point grads), Line Doggies (Infantry) Non-electrical self propeled pop up target (Infantry)

Admiral
23 Jan 05, 00:10
Back in the day when Ernie King was CNO, he was also CINCUS.

He had great disdain for the latter as it was often mockingly stated in such a way as to say Sink Us.

http://suzywoo2.homestead.com/files/navy_anim..gif

MountainMan
23 Jan 05, 00:15
Our overworked and under-appreciated maintenance guys got a lift in morale when the new Motor Offcer issued bright yellow T-shirts printed back and front with WETSU:

We Eat This S*** Up!

Not to be outdone, the TOW crews attached to the heavy weps platoon outfitted themselves with red T's proclaiming BOHICA!

Bend Over - Here It Comes Again!

freightshaker
23 Jan 05, 13:20
When I was with Cav units I would be in the 3/5 platoon (class 3, fuel and 5, ammo). We always said the 3/5 stood for "3 men do the work of 5" since we were tasked to do any little thing the Sqn CO could come up with.

MomoJak00
24 Jan 05, 22:30
Poor marines get alotta :censored: .

Is funny tho :laugh: .

Marines
24 Jan 05, 23:08
Forgot one.

U
Suckers
Missed
Christmas

Jim H. Moreno
25 Jan 05, 02:08
NAP = Non Airborne Personnel

'Leg' = Non-airborne soldiers who walk into combat, hence they use legs. We use our wings.

'Cherry' = Airborne soldier who is brand new to the unit.

Thomas McPeek
01 Mar 05, 21:10
Uncle
Sam's
Motorcycle
Club :laugh:

dgfred
02 Mar 05, 10:11
Our overworked and under-appreciated maintenance guys got a lift in morale when the new Motor Offcer issued bright yellow T-shirts printed back and front with WETSU:

We Eat This S*** Up!

Not to be outdone, the TOW crews attached to the heavy weps platoon outfitted themselves with red T's proclaiming BOHICA!

Hey, those are great! :laugh:

GCoyote
02 Mar 05, 12:42

We Eat This S*** Up!

Both classics, here's a couple more from the 1980s:

Chairborne Rangers = Staff Officers
Echelons Above Reality = Everything above Corps
Zoomies = Air Force
Air Fairies = Air Force
Duck Hunters = Air Defense
Spooks = Military Intelligence
Crunchies = Infantry

CplBaz
02 Mar 05, 17:50
Nuclear Biological Chemical= NoBody Cares (usually when I try to get everybody to do MOPP 4 training)

Operators= what SF calls themselves
Bubbas= what SF call Civil Affairs